The Rebound Girl

PROLOGUE

Whenever people ask a teenage girl if they have a job, the answers are usually something like babysitter, cashier, grocery bagger...stuff like that. I never give an answer. I'm not unemployed. I run my own business. It's just not something adults would approve of.

See, my job is simple: dating. Every girl's dream, right? If you got paid for dating people, I'd know a lot of slutty millionaires.

I actually DO get paid. Because of my job, no girls like me. They call me a thief. I try not to let it bother me. They don't know it's my job, not my personality. I'm known as the rebound girl to the guys, and I'm never spoken about in front of girls. If word got out I'm a hired girlfriend, my business would crash. If a girl suspects I'm anything but a real girlfriend, the whole purpose is pointless. Basically, guys pay me to date them. The reasons vary. I've heard everything from showing an ex its really over to making someone jealous. The majority are those who are trying to get over someone. I don't have a set price, but I'm not expensive.

Also, although I get quite a few job opportunities, I never date more that one guy at once. I have a notebook to keep track of everything. I always arrange an out-of-school meeting with any guy who wants to "date" me.

That's my job. This is my story.