Chapter 2

Disclaimer:

Please note that this story will take place in the third year of Harry Potter. I don't own any of Naruto or Harry potter characters.

Chapter 2:

(A week later)

Naruto gazed around the circular room and its peculiar furnishings. She had prepared herself for the inevitable strangeness that she could associate with magic but nothing prepared her for the dozens of moving paintings that were staring at her and whispering to their neighbours.

Uncomfortable she shifted closer to the phoenix who was perched quietly on its stand, head under wing when the door of the room opened suddenly.

A man wearing spangled blue robes with a long white beard entered the room, humming cheerfully under his breathe. His small half-moon glasses were perched low on his nose giving him a rather whimsical appearance.

She cleared her throat slightly and took some amusement to the fact that she was able to startle him before giving him a small bow.

''I apologise for startling you Sir but I do believe we had a meeting scheduled to discuss my appointment.'' she murmured and straightened, brushing her long blonde hair away from her face.

Dumbledore gave a small smile, ''Of course child, excuse an old man would you? I find with age the mind does tend to wander.''

Naruko nodded slowly at the genial old man as they both sat down in a pair of high back chairs, her eyes flicking to the paintings every now and again.

''From my last letter, I take it you have gone over the information I sent you?''

''Yes, the books were very interesting so it was no problem. I have to ask though, why did you choose someone like me?'' Naruko questioned.

Dumbledore leaned forward, pressing his fingers together on the desk, '' It was a matter a skill set and desperation. The order is spread rather thin as is and during the last war we have lost many of our members, the decision to hire a Shinobi was a last resort.''

''Understood. What does my task entail?'' she asked, face blank.

Dumbledore stared at the stoic blonde with sad eyes before getting up and placing a hand on her shoulder, ignoring the sudden tenseness of her body.

''Child, I understand that you have been through a lot and have seen things that have scarred you deeply but this doesn't have to be a simple mission. Consider this a new chance, a way to start over. After all this is part of your home as well.''

Naruko looked up confused.

''Sarutobi helped place some of the castles protections as well as man who later become Sarutobi's successor, a man I believe that was your father.'' He replied gently.

''Dad?'' she murmured, eyes warming slightly.

Dumbeldore smiled, '' Yes, quite an interesting man your father. But as I was saying feel free to consider this your home as long as need be and not just for the missions sake.''

Naruko hesitated before smiling slightly, ''I suppose it couldn't hurt.''

''Wonderful! I'll have the elves prepare your rooms then, I hope you don't wind the dungeons. I thought placing you there would be easier to work with considering your post.''

''Excuse me but you never fully explained what my post would entail?''

Dumbledore smiled, '' The post is a simple one, you will be an assistant to our schools Potions master.''

''Potions master?'' she questioned.

Before Dumbeldore could explain the doors opened with a bang and a tall man with shoulder length black hair stormed in. His floor length black robes swirled around him in agitation.

''What is this about Albus?'' the man growled, dark eyes flashing.

''Ah Severus, I'll do my best to keep it short. I believe you have requested an assistant recently?''

''Yes, what about it?'' Severus asked, wary.

Dumbledore smiled, ''Well then, Severus Snape meet Naruko Uzumaki, your new assistant.''

Naruko's Sapphire eyes meet the Opal eyes of the Potions master as she gave him a small nod in greeting.

Severus scowled at the blonde before casting a glare at the smiling old coot.

''What is the catch?''

''Why Severus what makes you think there's a catch?'' Dumbledore replied, pushing his glasses up his nose, eyes twinkling.

Casting a scowl at the Headmaster, he gave a cool, assessing look at the blonde.

'' Tomorrow be in my classroom at will see if you are up to scratch Miss Uzumaki.'' He stated with a drawl and a raised eyebrow before leaving as swiftly as he had appeared.

Naruko turned a questioning look at the twinkling old man,

''Is he always like this?''

Dumbledore chuckled, '' Lets show you to your rooms shall we?''

Neither of them noticed a small portrait of a blonde man in the corner of the office.

A/N: Please review. I promise that things will start picking up from the third chapter onwards.