Chapter 1

PS: YOU DON'T WANNA SPEND YOUR LIFE IN JAIL RIGHT? SO BETTER BEHAVE! COPYRIGHTS RESERVE! 👊

There are billions of stars in the sky and not once have I seen a shooting star pass by. It's been five years since I last saw him. We were hanging out on a bench at our favourite place, drinking our favourite Starbucks drink and all of the sudden, everything is just gone.

The worst part is he's my first love and we've loved each other for almost the entire high school life. I guess my friends were right, promises are meant to be broken and there is no such thing as forever.

I am better living alone with cats. I'll be a fat, old, lonely cat lady. Such a bitter life! I wish someone will spread sugar on me and turn my life into a world of Kitkat, Reese, and Kisses. Oh that'll be lovely! Raining chocolates, rainbow skies and then suddenly, boom! The chocolates will melt and turn into puddles and the rainbow sky will turn into black and white. I hate you cupid!!!! Why must you do this??? Why???

"Ms. Rodriquez. Ms. Rodriguez. Ms. Rodriguez!" I looked to who was calling me not realizing I have been drawing a guy in a hotdog suit.

The person turned out to be my boss, my very young and handsome boss who I hate and hated me back. If you're wondering why he hasn't fired me YET even though we both hate each other, it's because I'm the best designer they have. I have made about nine collections and all of them are a hit! Now I'm working on another collection called "Deja vu". I know it's a weird title for a collection but I have a good explanation behind it.

Going back to my boss, "What are you doing Ms. Rodriguez? Aren't you supposed to be working?" He's green eyes are killing me.

"I am working." I said with confidence.

"That's weird. I never knew drawing a guy in blue hotdog suit is considered working" he gave me the stare again, and then walked away. Damn that's creepy. Anyways, I crumpled the sketch and got into my work - the real one.

After three hours of sketching, thinking, and more thinking, I got to finish two designs to add to my other ten designs I finished since January. I only have another month left before I launch the collection. So far I have eight designs for pants with matching tops, and four designs for Sunday dresses. I would have to make at least three other designs for evening dresses. I need to nail this to get a promotion, and maybe I'll get my boss' job.

It's already twelve noon and my stomach is growling. "Riley, wanna go outside and get some lunch?" She's Emily, my best friend. She is a Filipino who went here to achieve her dreams and give the best retirement life for her parents, just like me. The only thing we don't have in common is that she has a fiancé, while I'm 27 and single.

"Sure, let's go get pizza." I replied.

Before we got out of my office, my boss, whose name is Alec, by the way, stopped us from our delicious plan. "Ms. Rodriguez, I will need you to come with me." Without a word, I followed, leaving Emily behind with a questioning look on her face. Ugh, why must he be my boss? Someday, I shall take his place...someday.

We entered his office. His office is twice as big as mine, and cleaner. He offered me coffee, but I said no. I never actually drank coffee, I hated the taste.

Anyways, I can sense he needs something. "Ms. Rodriguez, I've been working in this industry for as long as you and so far, your works are the impressive ones yet. Since this year's collection won't be launched until the 24th of April, I would want to offer you a one month working vacation in New York. It's only the 15th of February and we'll arrive here at the 16th of March. What do you say?"

"We?" I asked in shock.

"Yes, we. We will attend meetings, an awarding ceremony, and seminars for designers. I chose you because I believe you have tremendous skills in designing, and remarkable creative designs that you can improve on." When he said that, I felt his sincerity and honesty.

"Is it only us? You and me?"

"Yes" he replied and added "Don't worry about your expenses, your stay and air fare. But you will have to bring pocket money just in case you want to go shopping or eat outside. So, do I have a yes?" I hear nothing but silence as he waited for my answer.

"So what time will we leave?"