“Thank you but I didn’t get much sleep last night, I think I’m just going to order some take out and head to bed early.” She explained quietly, hoping not to hurt her friend with the decline of her offer and also secretly hoping that the offer wasn’t being made for the same reasons Pepper had so often asked her along to her dates with Quinn. If she found out that Ryan had laid one finger on her, she’d kill him but as far as she knew and as far as the loving look in Skylar’s eyes every time she looked at him, even then, she figured that he wasn’t that kind of guy. So she made her exit and left them to it, both walking her to the door and congratulating her once more on her engagement. Ryan felt so guilty that he couldn’t help but gently wrap his arm around Skylar’s waist in apology for how badly he had taken Eliza’s innocent questioning.

“I’m sorry. I’m not angry at you.” He apologised in a whisper, making her look up at him with a soft smile, accepting it for what it was. He was frustrated and he had perfect reason to be and to take it out on her, even though he had tried his best not to. With her acceptance of it, he changed the subject to something much happier. “She looks really happy…and you did it. I know you did it, I’m just not sure how you did it.” He whispered to her approvingly. He liked the fact that she had made it happen and that he didn’t quite understand how, but eventually he would figure it out and eventually everything would make sense and fall right into place. Once that happened, maybe then he could be with Skylar openly and honestly. She looked ashamed of herself after he said it though and for a moment he thought he might have made a mistake in mentioning it. “You know, you’re the best thing that’s ever happened to us all in a long time. You’ve changed us for the better and we all owe you for our happiness. We wouldn’t be anything without you.” He explained, sweetly, making Skylar blush even though she tried her hardest not to. He decided to ignore it for her sake and suggested that they should get going to the restaurant if she was ready.

Athena headed off home to the apartment she shared with her boyfriend Miles, hoping to have a quiet night after her long day. He had probably been working just as hard at the accountancy firm her friend Mara’s father owned. It took care of the accounting work for all the big businesses within Pleasant Creek and the two surrounding towns and villages on both sides. He had got into the place about six months ago, after Fraser had put a good word in for him and he’d been happy there ever since, able to work similar hours to Athena so that when they were both finished working, they could spend some time together. He took on some pretty odd hours to cater to her shifts at the hospital and she was so grateful for it that when she got home to find him already in the shower, his bag still on the coffee table which meant he had probably only just got in within the last ten or fifteen minutes. That meant she had plenty of time to get herself sorted out before making a decision as to how to spend the rest of their night. There were really only two choices she liked the thought of…one was staying in with Miles and the other was going out for dinner or a walk along the beach.

Miles was the first to make a suggestion, walking out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel, only to surprise Athena with a kiss on the curve of her neck, just as she was standing in front of the full length mirror brushing her hair out of the ponytail it had been in for the past week, non stop. “What do you say to having a nice…quiet…steamy night in with some take out and soft lighting?” He asked softly, making her smile back at him through the mirror.

“I’d love to…if you’d do something for me first?” She hoped that he would help her with a little problem she was having first and he was quick to agree, planting another kiss on her bare shoulder as he whispered a gentle ‘anything’. It was a nice feeling, making her squirm a little under the touch of his hand drifting down her arm until she turned to face him with a thankful smile. “My back is killing me…I don’t know how steamy the night can get if I’m in pain.” She hinted cheekily, making Miles smile back at her approvingly, glad that instead of protesting that she was in pain and wouldn’t cater to his wants and desires, she was simply asking him to help her aching muscles relax beforehand. And that was something he was more than willing to help her with. He very much enjoyed giving her massages any other time and doing it when she was in pain and wanted to enjoy their night in the same fashion that he wanted to. Even if she didn’t feel ‘in the mood’ after he had fixed her back, then having the pleasure of fixing that problem for her would be enough for him.