“I’m sorry…technically I’m not supposed to go anywhere near you.” When Ryan heard that, he looked up at her with a smile, guessing that that was why she was running away from him and why she kept insisting she didn’t want to be with him when her kisses and the way her body responded to his very touch told him otherwise. She couldn’t deny it thought, playing it cool and passing it off would give him the wrong idea and she was upset enough without having him leave because she was trying to stay strong and resist the only thing she wanted. “Yes, that’s exactly why I’m scared of you. I’ll have to leave at some point Ryan but you…you won’t take no for an answer! To hell with it, it’s you own fault if you get hurt, I tried to warn you.” Skylar was as mad as her words suggested and it only made him smile, which made her feel worse. He had such a beautiful smile and she hated to see it when she didn’t know how their talk was going to end. He was evil and a hell of a torturer if he still intended to be loved up with her after their discussion. She was so mad she just wanted to hit him, if he tried to kiss her and seduce her again after putting her through all of it, then she really would lash out at him.

“Calm down. I never said it was a bad thing. But what the hell are you? Are you a spy?” He asked, unable to believe that he was seriously asking her such a question. He couldn’t help it, there was no other way for him to put it and so when she answered heatedly, denying it and saying she was nothing more than a normal, teenaged, damned girl, in almost those exact words, he couldn’t help but approve of the fact that she felt so strongly about it that she was arguing with him. “Not exactly…you’re my girl. Don’t forget that you’re mine.” He tormented her softly, leaning his head on the palm of his head, balancing his elbow on his knee as he looked her over approvingly, glad to finally know the truth about it all. Finally he had a girlfriend who was so willing to be honest with him that it made her cry because she had been forced to keep quiet for so long. He was desperate to brush her tears away but he knew that that kind of contact, after the discussion they had just had, would only make him want things that he was sure she was too angry to give him.

“While we’re on the subject…I know something I’m not supposed to. About Fraser.” Skylar decided there was no time like the present to approach him about the matter she hadn’t long decided needed talked about. She wasn’t supposed to know and no-one else did know but as usual Ryan wasn’t helpful in that area, asking in surprise when she had met Fraser before complaining.

“What am I saying…of course you met Fraser, he’s on the list.” He grumbled to himself, losing the inclination to kiss her for that moment, even as she asked him not to be like that and explained how meeting him had been an accident of his making. When she explained how she had ran to the chapel to think over everything he had said to her, about how he wanted to be with her, he realised there was another burning question he had to ask. “That ‘doctor’ you told me about…he’s who you’re passing all this information on to, isn’t it? Why isn’t Niles on your list? I figure if you spent so much time with him, then he must be important?” He asked, waiting until he had Skylar’s confirmatory nod that the ‘doctor’ was nothing more than her boss before asking about his so called best friend. If she wasn’t just letting him weasel in on her for her job then there was only one other explanation…one he really wouldn’t like to hear. But she slipped up. Instead of just answering no, like she should have, she rambling on into admitting that she added Ruby and Waldo to the list herself because she knew she could help them. “Help them how?”

“They’re only on there for me, to know that I actually did something myself. I got them back together…they love each other.” She reasoned with a smile he adored and found all too romantic of her, getting two once lovers together because she thought they belonged with each other and were suffering apart. Bless her little deceiving heart. She really was a sweetheart. He reminded her about his query over Niles, only to be confused by her answer. “He got me to you.” She smiled guiltily, having to take a deep breath when he asked what ‘the hell’ that meant, having been afraid of that question since he had called her on her little stupid notepad. “Well, being friends with him let me find you…once I did…I…” Skylar had never told anyone she loved them, she had never had anyone she loved enough to say it to but Ryan fitted all the categories of someone she would love. She just couldn’t say it. She was afraid of the consequences if she did. But she didn’t have to, he knew fine well what she meant and could only smile in approval of the very thought.