Fairytale Short Stories

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

These are just some short stories that I made up. I hope you enjoy reading them as they are for your own entertainment.  ENJOY!!!!!

 PART l 

THE GOLDEN TREE

There was once a tall, prolific, tree that stood in the middle of a great forest. This tree was called the "Golden Tree." The reason why the people called it that was because of the golden leaves of the tree. It also bore lush apples that were claret red.

Everyone knew about the tree, and they had sought to get one of the apples. It was said that if you ate one of those apples, you would be filled up for a long time. In other words, you wouldn't go hungry for days! The Golden Tree was just a tree that you could just go and pluck an apple from. It was heavily guarded by a ferocious bear, Tholis.

Tholis was a bear that would immediately attack anyone that dared enter the forest. Though everyone feared of this bear, they knew well that Tholis guarded the forest and the Golden Tree. His sharp claws and long, rotting teeth would scare anyone.

One day, however, there was a poor man named Ethan. He was a peasant and he had a family to feed. Ethan struggled hard to find food for him and his family. When he overheard of a conversation about Tholis and the Golden Tree, he became widely interested.

"Wife, I will go to the forest and ask Tholis if I shall have an apple from the Golden Tree," he announced to his wife.

"No, dear husband, you will surely get killed. Many people has tried that, and they never come back!" His wife said worriedly.

But Ethan shook his head. He was determined to get at least one apple so that he and his family wouldn't be so famished. Ethan set out during the evening to the forest. The forest was not a long way, but it did require a lot of energy to be able to pass the bumpy rocks.

Ethan had finally made it to the forest and right in front of his face, he saw Tholis. Tholis was standing, and looked determined. Once he saw Ethan standing a few feet away from him, he became angry.

"Why do you wish to come to this forest?" The bear asked as he growled.

Ethan swallowed up his courage and said with a trembling voice: "I come here, because I wish to have one of your apples from the Golden Tree."

Tholis gave out a harsh laugh. "You know why people want the apples? They want it so that they could satisfy themselves. But no one dares to get it."

If Ethan hadn't brought his weapon, a bow and arrow, he would surely have no choice but to go back home empty-handed. He slowly took out the bow and arrow out of his sack. His plan was to shoot Tholis with an arrow, and then quickly get an apple.

"Go back home," Tholis said. He then laughed harshly. "Imagine a poor man like you try to get an apple from the Golden Tree. Pathetic!"

Ethan's face started boiling and he quickly took action. He rapidly put the arrow in place and then aimed right at the heart of Tholis. Tholis screamed in pain as his big body collapsed on the ground. "You peasant!" Tholis cried out in pain.

Ethan had no time to lose, so he quickly ran towards the tree and plucked as many apples he could get. And right when he did so, the leaves of the tree started to turn from gold to green. The tree's leaves did that when someone plucks an apple or more from it.

Tholis couldn't do anything to stop Ethan. Within minutes, he had died. Ethan ran over the bear's body and ran towards home.

When his family were happy that Ethan had successfully got the apples, they all decided to give the remainder of the apples to everyone else in the village. All the people thanked Ethan over and over again. He had became a hero of his village and was respected by the people. And he and his family never had to feel the unbearable feeling of hunger ever again......