Chapter Seven- Realisation

I woke up the next morning. The memories of the nightmare still etched into my mind. I looked to my right and a sleeping Cedric lay there. I chuckled to myself and stroked his hair. The curtain around me opened slightly and Cézanne came in. "What do you want, bitch" I hissed

"I came to apologize" she proudly

"Why, you scared that I'll hurt you" I said.

"No. I'm sorry. I should have told you about my crush. I just want to be friends again" she said, her strong act failing. I looked at her. We had been friends for over 3 years. I slowly put out my hand and she took it. "Malfoy, get your fat arse in here now" I said. Malfoy came in. "How-" he started

"Magic" I said gesturing with my hands" Joke, I knew you would be there." He slid his hand round Cézanne's waist. "Oh and if you break her heart you will die" I said casually.

"Is she really always like that" asked Malfoy.

"Yes, Yes I am" I said. I spent most of my day with Ced and Cézanne. I was allowed to go back to the dorm. I was rooming with Mione, Lavender, Parvati and then there was a spare bed. As my head hit the pillow I was asleep

I lowered my wand slightly and glanced sideways at Cedric. Cedric shot me a quizzical look and grabbed my hand. We both turned to see a figure making its way to us.

It stopped beside a towering marble headstone, only six feet from us. For a second.

Me, Cedric and the short figure simply looked at one another.

And then, without warning, My scar exploded with pain. It was agony such as I had never felt in all my life; my wand slipped from my fingers as I put my hands over my face; my knees buckled; my hand slipped from Cedrics. I looked at Cedric and he was searching for the source of my pain

From far away, above my head, I heard a high, cold voice say, "Kill the spare."

A swishing noise and a second voice, which screeched the words to the night: "Avada Kedavra!"

A blast of green light blazed through my eyelids, and I heard something heavy fall to the ground beside me; the pain in my scar reached such a pitch that I retched, and then it diminished; terrified of what I was about to see, I opened my eyes.

Cedric was lying spread-eagled on the ground beside me. He was dead.

For a second that contained an eternity, I stared into Cedric's face, at his open gray eyes, blank and expressionless as the windows of a deserted house, at his half-open mouth, which looked slightly surprised. He was dead. The boy that was mine had left me. He said we would never be apart. I crumpled down and started crying.

I woke up and looked around. I quickly changed into my uniform. a white shirt, a grey V-necked sweater with our house colours on the v and bottom, a red and gold tie, black tights, a skirt, dolly shoes and a cloak. I pulled my hair into a pony tail and grabbed my Firebolt. I ran outside and pushed off the ground. I loved flying. I was chaser on the Gryffindor team. I was flying for about 30 minutes, when Harry came running out. I flew down. "Mai," he panted "the first task is dragons"

"How do you know" I asked

"Hagrid said to tell you, then he showed me them" he said wiping his forehead.

"Does Ced know" I asked. He nodded. I flew up to the common room and knock on the window. Ginny opened it. I flew in and jumped off. Harry came in. "I want the whole story" I said

Flashback 3rd person

At half past eleven that evening, Harry, who had pretended to go up to bed early, pulled the Invisibility Cloak back over himself and crept back downstairs through the common room. Quite a few people were still in there. The Creevey brothers had managed to get hold of a stack of Support Cedric Diggory! badges and were trying to bewitch them to make them say Support Harry Potter! instead. So far, however, all they had managed to do was get the badges stuck on POTTER STINKS. Harry crept past them to the portrait hole and waited for a minute or so, keeping an eye on his watch. Then Hermione opened the Fat Lady for him from outside as they had planned. He slipped past her with a whispered "Thanks!" and set off through the castle.