"Hey, guys, you nearly ready to go?" Cabir asked, throwing us each a juice box as usual. We both nodded and headed to manik's car

As I got to school, dhruv grabbed me and pulled me off for a talk. "What's up?" I asked, concerned. He actually looked a little frantic; his hair was all messy, it looked as if he had been pulling on it or running his hands through it a lot, his eyes were tight with stress.

"I forgot it's Alya's birthday tomorrow, and I have no idea what to get her!" he cried desperately, running his hands through his hair roughly, confirming my earlier suspicions about the style.

"Calm down, you've still got time. Now, what sort of thing does she like?" I asked, thinking about Alya and all the things I knew about her.

"I wanted to get her something she could keep, but I don't know what..." He closed his eyes, obviously panicking.

"Dhruv, calm down. How about some pretty earrings? She likes studs, right? You could also get her a new jewellery box or something to put them in," I suggested. His face brightened. "Yeah! She has this like old crappy jewellery box at the moment. That's a great idea! Oh God thank you, Nandini. I owe you big time! I'm gonna skip this morning so I can go get it," he said, smiling excitedly and running off, shouting bye over his shoulder.

I walked back to the school and noticed that there was hardly anyone around. Holy crap, am I late? I started to run down the hallway; I could see Manik and a couple of his friends walking towards me.

"Slow down, Angel, you'll fall," Manik shouted, smirking at me as I half ran, half walked towards him. As I passed him, he stuck his foot out tripping me up, but before I hit the floor he wrapped his arms tightly around my waist, and pulled me upright.

"Jeez, Angel, I know I'm hot, but you don't need to fall at my feet," he teased, making all his friends laugh. I slapped him hard on the chest, glaring at him. "Oh I like it a bit rough, Angel, you know that," he said, smiling wickedly. He still hadn't let go of my waist, he stepped forward and pressed his body against mine, his hands slipped down to my waist tightly.

"Mmm nice," he purred in my ear. I hated being touched; it brought back memories of my Father. I gasped, and before I could even think about what I was doing, I jerked my leg up and kneed him in the balls. He grunted and let go quickly, bending in half and clutching his groin.

"Keep your f**king hands off me!" I shouted, trying not to cry. I was struggling to breathe and my hands were shaking.

I turned to run away but he grabbed my hand and pulled me back to him. "Angel, I was only joking around, you know I'd never hurt you," he moaned. His voice cracked slightly, it sounded like he was in pain.

He looked straight into my eyes; I could see the honesty in his deep blue watery eyes. He pulled me into a hug and put his lips to my neck, just where it joined my shoulder and breathed deeply through his nose, sending his hot breath blowing down my neck and back. This is what he always did to calm me down, when I would sob on his shoulder; this was the only thing that seemed to work. I could feel his heart beating fast against my chest, so I focused on matching my breathing to the pace of his. I breathed in his smell until I had calmed myself down. I pulled back and he was just looking at me, sorrow clear across his face.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that, Angel, I didn't think," he said apologetically. I nodded and sniffed, wiping my face on my sleeve.

"I'm sorry too. Did I hurt you?" I asked, wincing at the thought of how hard I had kneed him.

He shrugged. "I'm OK, it was my fault," he replied, bending to look into my eyes again. I looked away quickly, feeling uncomfortable. I had a feeling that when Manik looked into my eyes, he could see the real me, the one I tried to hide from everyone, the scared little girl that doesn't shock. people to touch her because it brought back memories of those Sundays and my father leading me over to the couch, guiding me to sit on his lap.

When people touched me, even girls, my heart went into overdrive and I always start to feel sick. The only exceptions to this are my mom, Cabir and Manik. This was the exact reason that I didn't date. The thought of someone touching me or kissing me, made my skin crawl. I looked away from him and noticed that he had a big wet patch on his shoulder where I had been crying. I wiped it, frowning.

"I ruined your shirt."

"I've got others, Angel, don't worry," he replied with an easy smile, it wasn't a smirk that he gave other people, it was a genuine smile, the ones I usually only get at night or when no one was around.

I looked around and realised we were alone in the hallway; I gasped in shock.

"Where?" I muttered, looking up and down the hallway desperately.

"They went to class," he answered. "Come on, there's no point going in late, so let's go get a drink or something." He pulled me by the hand to the parking lot, towards his car.

"Manik, what? I can't skip class!" I cried, glancing around quickly to see if anyone noticed two students just waltzing out of the school.

He laughed. "Come on, Angel, one class won't hurt. You're already ten minutes late for it anyway." I sighed giving up the argument and walked with manik towards the parking lot.

I sighed and reluctantly climbed in. I didn't really mind spending time with Manik but it just depended which Manik would be here with me, the night or the day one. Night Manik was considerate, loving and thoughtful day. Manik was a flirt and a jerk.

However, both night and day Manik's made me feel safe and protected. I turned to look at him while he was driving; he had a small smile on his face.

"What's up with you?" I asked, a bit concerned this was going to turn into some sort of joke that would end badly for me or embarrass me.

"What do you mean? I can't be happy that we're spending some time together?" he asked, giving me a flirty wink. I rolled my eyes and groaned. Great, an hour with daytime Manik is my worst nightmare.....

Precap: manan romantic moments....😉😉😉

Guys plzzz vote and comment and tell me how is it.... I hope you all don't get confuse and if you want to ask question regarding plots then you are free to question... I will clear....

GUYS I WANT A COVER FOR THIS STORY PLZZZ ANYONE CAN GIVE ME.... MSG ME OR CAN SEND ME THROUGH SNAPCHAT OR INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK... PLZ BE FAST

DO VOTE AND COMMENT

MY WORKS:
DO DIL EK JAAN MANAN FF
MY NEIGHBOUR MANAN FF
DRUNK IN LOVE MANAN FF