Chapter 1

The sun glowed a soft red as it faded passed the horizon, sending rays of light to lazily drift into the cozy cottages styled room. His eyes glittered and looked as if he could see my very soul. He was so beautiful. His eyes, his smile... Before I could see more, he was gone.

My eyes flew open as my annoying alarm clock began to ring, signaling it was time to wake up and get ready for another boring school day. Snippets of the dream faded from my mind. I had been having this dream since I was young and at first it was just the sun on the horizon but now I was starting to dream of this strange man that seemed to feel... I shook my head and quickly forgot about the recurring dream as I threw off the covers before rising up off the pillow and stretching. I moaned softly as my back cracked. The warm morning glow lit up my white room and gave everything a heavenly look. I almost smiled as I looked toward my open window, the white sheer curtains dancing softly in the morning breeze, giving me an oddly nostalgic feeling in turn.

A yawn escaped my mouth as I got out of bed and stretched once more before wandering over to my dresser sleepily. With a swift jerk, I yanked open my bottom drawer. It stuck after my dad kicked it when he found a joint in my purse but that's another story.

I had wasted 5 minutes going through my usual black shirts before I quickly got dressed in a navy low cut T-shirt that showed off a little cleavage and dark jeans. Sighing, I gathered my school supplies and shoved them in my back pack only to find a hole in the bottom. Oh yeah, one of my lovely schoolmates used a switch knife during class to rip a hole in the bottom of it, so at the end of the day when I stood up with it, all my books would come tumbling out onto the floor, causing everyone to stop and look at me with venomous accusing eyes. Good thing that never fazed me.

My name is Olivia Moon and I am a senior at Franklin highschool, I major in Music and Minor in English

My name is Olivia Moon and I am a senior at Franklin highschool, I major in Music and Minor in English. I live in a quiet town called Fort Heaven in British Columbia, Canada. It's surrounded by forest and everyone knows everyone, which isn't always a good thing if you were different.
I rushed out of my room, with my big purse full of school supplies and walked down the hall to the bathroom. Stopping before walking in, I heard the water running and huffed.
"HURRY UP, JORDAN OR I'M GOING TO BE LATE AGAIN!"

"Will you shut up or you're going to wake the dragon up!" I heard a crackly male voice barked back. Jordan was my brother and only a year younger then me.
Now, we called our mother the dragon because she was famous for having the temperament of one in the morning and no, not the usual parent thing like shouting at you to be quiet. My mother was known to throw things at us, scream, and even go to the extreme physical abuse at times.
I rolled my eyes at his statement but I swallowed the lump that was slowly forming in my throat from thinking about the last time she beat me.
I turned and silently ran down the stairs and down the entrance hall, grabbed my keys off the rack that hung by the door, after slipping on my black flats, before heading outside.
There she sat in the driveway, shiny from a weekends worth of heavy duty cleaning, my dad's old silver Camaro. Well, mine now that I got my driver's license.
I unlocked and opened the driver's door before sliding into the drivers seat, quickly opening up the glove box to retrieve my emergency bag. It held everything I would ever need if I ever got the courage to leave this town.
I opened it up and pulled out some make-up before pulling the visor down to use the mirror. Once I was satisfied that I didn't look like a sleepy monster, I began fixing my hair as I waited for my younger brother to come running out for school.