Chapter one : Despair..

My hands trembled and my entire body shook as we walked into the house that was filled with ash. The sunlight peeking over the trees shone into the now empty house and smoke was still emerging from all of our burnt belongings. I stayed close to Klaus and did not leave his side. We walked to the library slowly taking it all in. We saw Mr. Baudelaire's desk and Klaus began to walk towards it. I, unable to go anywhere else, followed him and made sure I was there to keep him strong. When he opened the top drawer to the desk I spotted a brass telescope that we knew belonged to Mr. Baudelaire. Klaus slowly reached for it hands shaking. He picked it up but quickly dropped it again feeling the singing of the hot brass. I studied his face in search for emotion. There was none. I studied the sky fro. Where we were standing. The roof of the hours had been burnt away giving a view of the sky. It was sunny , and there were no clouds. I looked at my childhood home and the memories ran throughout my mind.

I remembered setting on the now charred leather chairs with Klaus. Reading for what seemed like all hours of the day. I remembered helping Violet when she had an idea and was ready to make something. I remember feeding Sonny in the mere months before she grew her teeth.

Klaus nudged me and I felt a tear slip from my eyes and down my cheek. He studied my face for a moment before grabbing my hand and squeezing it reassuringly as if to tell me it would be okay. I knew better, it would never be okay again.

Soon enough we met a man from the bank who was called, Mr Poe. We were left in his possession until taken to our closest family member. Honestly, I didn't even know if the Baudelaire's even had a close family member.

"Ahem. Well children," he paused for a moment, "you will be taken to a close relative of the Baudelaire's, " again he paused as if to think, "Count Olaf I do believe. "

Violet spoke softly, "We do not know anyone by the name of Count Olaf."

Mr. Poe parted his lips for a moment thoughtfully, "Well, if your parents have left you in his must care he must be trustworthy."

After what seemed like an eternity of driving we pulled up to a old decrepit mansion of some sorts. I bit my lip nervously as I looked over to Violet who gave me a nervous yet, reassuring smile.

"Anlup!" sunny Said which must of mention something like.."I'll sleep outside.."

I swallowed and stayed close to Klaus. We walked up the steps and entered the house. A hideous man who was very slim and tall with a long crooked nose studied all four of us.

Klaus' hand in mine. I studied the man who looked... Rather unfriendly..

"Mr. Poe! Would you like to stay for a bit of tea?" Olaf asked..

"Oh no I couldn't I must be going.. I'll just leave you." he said leaving..

As soon as the door slammed shut I heard Olaf say,"Well! Time for a tour of the hous chop chop!" he exclaimed making myself and Klaus jump..

All four walked behind him listening to him tell us where we could go and where we couldn't. We went up the stairs and were pushed into the doorway of our room..

"NIGHTY NIGHT CHILDREN!!" he yelled stomping down the stairs.. I stood shocked.. Sunny collapsed and fell asleep..

Klaus went to the windows that were covered in wood bars..

"Where are you going?" Violet asked..

"Home.." he simply said rolling up his sleeves ripping one off..

"Klaus you ca-" Violet was cut off by klaus..

"I'm going home! Where I'm loved! Where I have family!" he said angrily..

I spoke up for once.."There is no home klaus! This is our home! We have no where!" I yelled..

He sighed throwing the wood at the wall setting down..

"Just give him time to cool off let's get sunny in the bed.." Violet said..

We put sunny in bed and covered her up..

I set at the end of the bed on the floor.. Klaus came over setting next to me.. He grabbed my hand and sighed rubbing it. I layed my head on his shoulder and set there thinking..

This had to have been the worst day ever.. Why? I soon drifted o sleep lying on Klaus