"Always pinching my damn cheeks.." he mumbled looking back at my lock.

"Next time say it with ya' chest. But the lock number is 57 - 21 -"

"57 - 21 - 10. We've been over this about a hundred times if you forgot."

He unlocked my locker with much more ease like he had been doing for the past 3 years of high school.

"Y'all both some hot heads to be honest."

Amaya looked between us shaking her head.

"And what does that make you?" I asked leaning some weight to one leg.

"It makes her the dumbass." D finished my sentence causing us both to laugh, dapping each other up.

'Maya rolled her eyes sarcastically.

"Y'all really be testing me, one day D you gon' catch these hands and you're not gonna like it. Same for your ass Nia."

I laughed leaning in to give her a sorry hug.

"You all bark no bite Maya. But y'all hitting up Sean's end of the year kickback shit tonight?"

D spoke as I grabbed my bag out my locker for the last time, putting the lock back on it for the sorry son who would get the piece of crap next year.

I wanted to avoid the whole party talk as we walked down the hallway toward the main entrance.

I had to start packing my stuff, I had college freshman orientation next week. As early as it seemed, and I had to check to make sure I was registered once I was down there. Soon I would be moving down there. Big moves were on the horizon.

"For sure, gonna have to throw it back for the one time before I leave this joint."

Maya spoke loudly, referring to finally leaving Louisville as she had been accepted into the University of Maryland.

"Bye as fuck." I laughed pretending I didn't here her and her statement as I adjusted my bag.

"Aye don't kill her vibe, we all know your scary ass don't want to come."

D'angelo nudged me playfully.

"Y'all know I have freshman orientation next wee-"

"Freshman orientation we know you've talked all about since last month when you found out you were leaving to go to sunny fun time Cali." D'angelo cut over me starting to get irritated.

We had both been accepted into Ohio State, but I got into my top choice. UCLA.

What was frustrating was that he never got upset about Maya leaving for college or her talking about college, but when little old me does it. He pops off.

"Lo, you got a scholarship to Ohio State. You're gonna ball, your dream. I got into my dream school, but you can't be happy for me? I've been happy for you!"

I stopped in my tracks starting to lay into him.

"Well this got awkward fast . Look I'll check y'all later at the party I guess. You two fight more than a old ass couple.."

Maya sighed stepping between us and out the front entrance to her car as I stood there with my arms crossed.

Whenever me and Lo when at it, we when at it. Two hot temper people don't mix. Though it always seemed he was the reason for my temper.

"I didn't say I wasn't happy for your ass, but you had me thinking we was gonna go into this whole college shit together."

"I told you that unless UCLA came through I was gonna go to Ohio, but they came through! Why is everything in our friendship always about you?!"