"Okay that's enough." Steve spoke, Caterina turned to meet his hardened gaze and he saw the pain in her eyes. Steves face softened as he looked at her teary eyes, he hated seeing the two Maximoffs in pain...they were just kids.

"For the past four years you've operated with unlimited power and no supervision. That's an arrangement the governments the world can no longer tolerate, but I think we have a solution." Secretary Ross then got handed a object, it looked like a book from Caterina's perspective.

Mr. Ross then handed Wanda the book, which made Cats eyes fill with pain just by looking at the title.

The Sokovia Accords.

Wanda looked at her sister for a moment seeing her look intently at the book. If Wanda signed this, Caterina would too. They were a package deal, but if she didn't sign Cat wouldn't either.

Wanda then pushed it towards Rhodey who looked at it blankly before looking back up at Secretary Ross as he moved around the table, "Approved by 117 countries, it states that the Avengers shall no longer be a private organization, instead they'll operate under supervision of a United Nations panel only when and if that panel deems it necessary."

"The Avengers were formed to make the world a safer place, I feel we have done that." Steve looked down as he talked.

"Tell me Captain do you know where Thor and Banner are right now?" Steve looked up at Secretary Ross, Tony looked on behind him. He had been unusually quiet, Tony was normally mouthy when it came to public officials. Caterina had seen it first hand, so why wasn't he doing anything?

"If I misplaced a couple thousand megaton nukes you could bet there would be consequences...Compromise, Reassurance; that's how the world works. Believe me this is the middle ground." He pointed at the accords which sat in front of Rhodey.

"So there are contingencies?" Caterina and Wanda looked at Rhodes.

"Three days from now the U.N meets in Vienna to ratify the accords, talk it over."

Steve turned and looked back at Tony who sat there with a blank expression on his face.

"And if we come to a decision you don't like?" Natasha questioned, "Then you retire." Secretary Ross then walked out of the door and Caterina went numb.

Her expression blank as she looked at the table, she didn't know how to feel. The memories of Sokovia racing through her mind as she stood up abrubtly and walked out of the room.

The team stared after their youngest member as she walked out wiping her eyes. Steve let out a deep breath before getting up to follow her, "I'll go talk to her." He replied seeing Wandas worried glance.

Steve followed after her silently until he found her in one of the bathrooms.

"Caterina." He sat down in front of her as she tried to hold back her sobs, but she couldn't and she let go. The sobs rocketing her body as she leaned into the super solider, his arms wrapping around her small shaking frame.

"I know...it hurts." Steve hugged her tightly as she wept. "Those i-images, t-they brought back memories that I didn't want to relive."

"I know, but you got to let someone in before it gets too much for you to handle." Steve sighed hugging her even tighter. Caterina continued to sob into his shirt which was now wet with her tears.

"I'm s-sorry for causing a scene, I seem to be doing a lot of that lately." Caterina muffled voice spoke softly. She looked up to see Steves blue eyes full of sympathy, he wiped her tears with his hands. He chuckled which resulted in making her smile. "You know the teams worried about you; Wanda the most, You mean a lot to them even if they don't show it." Steve reassured the young girl before kissing her forehead and standing up.

"Come on we have to meet with Tony and the group."

Caterina nodded and slowly stood up, then she made her way with Steve out of the bathroom.

"Do you think things are going to change now?" Cat asked leaning into Steve as they walked.

"I hope not kiddo." Steve replied before wrapping his arm around her. Caterina had shown weakness, something she hadn't shown in a while, and Steve had to keep it together for her sake.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dedicated to Kim smolderholders

Vote, Comment and Follow Me on Wattpad