3 ~ Damian

I woke to the sound of my sister's inhumanly loud alarm buzzing from the other room. Groaning, I rolled out of bed and padded over to bang on the door.

            "ADELE! Get your ass out of bed and turn that damn alarm off!" I yelled through the wood, rubbing my face with a rough hand. After a painful moment the blaring shut off and was replaced with the pissed off grumbles of my twin.

            "You suck," Adele mumbled as she pulled the sliding door back. I mustered a grin as she shuffled into the bathroom. We stood in the bathroom together, as per usual, messing around with each other and waking the other up. After we both finished in there, Adele went back into her room to change and I did the same to mine. After throwing on a pair of jeans and a plain grey crewneck, I slid my feet into a pair of old vans and grabbed my stuff. I could hear Adele's music playing in the other room, so I was forced to walk all the way back in to get her going. '

            "Dude, c'mon, we gotta go," I huffed, rolling my eyes at my sister. She had changed from her flannel and volleyball short pj's to a pair of black skinny jeans and the same flannel. "Really? You wore that to sleep you nasty," I teased her as she grabbed her bag. She gave me a dirty look.

            "Nobody except you knows that," She mumbled, shoving past me as we walked out. I sighed, but I knew there was a grin on my lips. I followed her out, trudging through the kitchen to grab a bottle of juice and a granola bar. Adele went straight for the bar of chocolate she had saved from the other night, snagging her Frappuccino drink from the fridge as well.

            "You ever gonna be healthy?" I poked her shoulder with my free hand as we walked out. Adele grinned.

            "Nope," She replied, popping the p. We smirked at each other.

            "Get back hear right now young lady," A cold voice spat from behind us. I halted in surprise but Adele didn't even flinch at Andrea's harsh voice.

            "Gotta get to school," Adele called over her shoulder. I turned to see Andrea advancing towards us, her fancy silk rob swaying. I suddenly felt very small – the only thing in between my fiery sister and my horrid stepmom. I didn't know what to do.

            "I found out you were out at the bar this weekend. Three times. Three." Andrea said deadly calm. Adele finally turned. I held my breath, tightening my grip on my backpack. I hated watching them fight because I knew my sister would never give in.

            "So? I'm old enough to go and I don't drink," Adele spat back, equally as deadly. I could hear the taunt in my sister's voice.

            "Hey Andrea, we really gotta get going," I tried frantically, stepping in between the two with a apologetic face. Andrea's gaze flipped to me. I forced myself not to bite my lip. Andrea's eyes narrowed.

            "Fine, but you come straight home, you hear me young lady? You are not allowed anywhere for the next three weeks!" Andrea wiggled her finger at my sister. I closed my eyes for a second, taking in a deep breath before turning and dragging my fuming sister out.

            "Ignore her, ignore her, ignore her," I whispered over and over as Adele started to spat curse after curse. I shoved her towards her car as I took our bags and threw them in the back. When I hopped in the passenger seat, Adele's face was red and her knuckles were white.

            "That motherfu-" Adele started whispering under her breath.

            "Adele." I turned to glare at her. She glared right back. "Start the car and pull away before she comes back out," I said quietly, glancing over my shoulder at the door. Andrea hadn't followed us outside, which was a relief. Just last week she had followed Adele out and tried to stop her from going over to Jess's. Needless to say, I had to be the mediator of yet another fight.