Confrontation

*Zendaya's POV*

   I pulled my phone out from my pocket. It was the last thing I wanted to see after all of the calls and rude remarks I had received, but this had to be done. 

   Looking around to make sure neither Val nor Maks were watching, I opened a message to Greg. I took a deep breath and began:

                  "Greg. We need to talk. Meet me somewhere private. You can do this to me, but you cannot ruin other people's lives too. I won't let you do this."

   I cautiously pressed send. I know that if Val ever finds out about this, he will never let me out of his sight. He was even more affected by this than I was. Guilt consumes me and my heart wrenches with such a force that tears fill my eyes. My phone vibrates in my lap. I summon all of my courage and look on the screen.

             "I will do whatever I want, whenever I want, to whoever I want. But I may consider taking the blame off of him for something in return..."

   Filled with a sudden rage I quickly ask for a time and place to meet and discuss these terms. I place my shaking hands into my lap and wait for a response. My head spins with thoughts and fears of what Greg will come up with this time. I close my eyes and think back to a happier time. 

   Val and I were rehearsing for our show that week. Practice was going even better than usual. His smiles filled my stomach with butterflies and his touch set me skin on fire. My laughter was genuine. My love was real. 

   I felt my phone vibrate once again:

             "Meet me at the old school grounds at 11:15. You better be on your best behavior."

   I looked around and caught Val's face as he entered the room. He smiled weakly and I returned it with a soft smile. 'Don't worry' I thought to myself, 'I'll fix this.'