Almost. Better Than Me.

Start from the beginning

Clara was a fast learner, it wasn't difficult for her to get the hang of things. Racing though, came naturally to her. She was born to race.

Luke abruptly stopped in front of her, and hopped off the podracer.

Clara gave him a grin.

"You're as good as I was,"she said.

Luke's face lit up,"Really? I'm as good as you?"

Clara shrugged,"Sure...when I first started. Which, I guess is an achievement."

She laughed, and Luke joined.

Clara smiled,"Alright, alright. Let's get going, you don't want to be late."

Luke smiled back, and nodded.
~~~~~
A while later, Clara was checking the podracer.

"Alright, everything seems to be intact. You should be fine, just remember what to do if there's something wrong with the engines, and good luck,"Clara said.

"Right, and thanks,"Luke said.

Clara walked to the bleachers, and looked for a spot to sit at.

Luke hopped onto the racer, and started the engines.

The announcer said a few things, though Luke wasn't paying attention. He was reviewing everything Clara had told him, with his eyes closed.

"Go!"

Luke jerked his eyes open, and steered away.

The race already taking full speed.
~~~~
Clara winced at Luke, who clearly wasn't paying attention. She reluctantly looked up at the screen, and Luke was in twelfth place, also last place.

Come one Luke, you can do this. I know you can.

Clara knew he could win it, but she also knew that he could completely lose it. Her leg was already healed. Though she didn't tell Luke, and she didn't plan on telling him only until after.

Compared to Luke, the other racers were like Clara, professionals. They've been in plenty more races.

Clara was ready though, she already went over what to do if Luke ultimately didn't win. It wasn't the best idea, but it was the best she had.

They would both have to enter a three day long Sabacc game tournament.

It wasn't easy, but then again, nothing ever was.
~~~~
Luke knew he shouldn't have spaced out for so long, but he couldn't help it. He had to win the race. He couldn't, wouldn't, let Clara down. Luke wanted to be in the race, and Clara let him. He didn't want her to regret it.

Luke was aware of his current place, and it wasn't so bad. Fifth place, and already the second lap. One more lap left.

If Luke lost, he hoped Clara wouldn't get in big trouble.

Though, knowing her, Clara simply adored trouble.
~~~~
Clara could tell that Luke was filled with determination to win the race.

Luke was so eager to be in the race, but Clara didn't really know why...

She had her suspicions, but she was going to ask him after, not assuming anything.

He had been doing well for the past hour, and he just passed the line once more.

The last lap.

He was in second place. A dug was in front of him, being first.

If the Dug was competitive, and an unfair racer, which was most likely, Luke was going to have a bad time.
~~~~~
Luke kept his eyes in front, the creature in front of him was his only competition left.

He quickly sped up, backing neck-to-neck with his opponent.

He had to win this. For Clara, for himself.

The Dug next to him wasn't happy about Luke being so close, he crashed next to Luke, trying to knock him out of the race. Luke stayed put, knowing what to do.

"Whether someone tries to take you on by the side, don't fight back, just speed up. You get a more advantage."

Clara's advice was bound to be used. She did that technique in her last race when she met Luke.

Luke quickly sped up, and his opponent didn't crash, instead they swerved. Luke indeed got the advantage, and was in first place. The finish line was just in eye view too.
~~~~~
Clara beamed proudly as Luke passed his opponent. She knew he was going to do that move at least once in the race, but she hadn't hoped.

She watched intently.

Luke's opponent wasn't giving up, and was right behind Luke. Who was very near the finish line.

Both racers weren't giving up, and Clara foul tell.

Luke did whatever he could to stay in first, but they were soon neck-to-neck.

It would go back and forth between Luke and the Dug for first place.

They passed the finish line.

It could've been a tie, but there was only one winner, and that winner-was Luke Skywalker.

Yea! Go Luke!

Haha, so if you have noticed, I added an Undertale reference (or two) in here. If you didn't see it, then that's fine. I won't give you a bad time for it. 😋

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Stay amazing y'all!

~GeekStee the determined writer

(This chapter fills you with determination)