Reason 1: Comment- 'Cause it Makes the Writer's Day.

Hey random person who opened my book. How are ya? Fine? Sleepy? Hungry? Or perhaps bored? Why don't you comment and tell me exactly how you're feeling at this moment? 

...

...

...

...

...

...

-Did you even want to comment then? 

I doubt it. Most readers would just ignore that statement above and just go on as if the writer had not directly asked them to talk back to them. Even when I, er... the writer just did directly ask them to talk back to them. 

Some of you readers might have even skipped the Author's Note / introduction above and jumped straight into the story. Some of you might have been reading back the entire thing to understand what on Earth this writer is talking 'about. 

On the other hand, if you did comment, or was even thinking of commenting. I tip my imaginary hat to you. For you, dear reader, have discovered one way to make a writer's day. 

Yes. Even a simple 'I like this' or 'Great job', or even that well known word all writers on this site are well familiarized with, 'Update' (I will elaborate on that simple statement in another story). Or how about a comment that says how you feel about that part of the story, something simple would work, like 'OMG' or 'Wow', and let's throw in a 'LOL! SO TRUE :D'

I believe mo,st if not all, writers here on Wattpad can relate to this. To find that you have x and x votes and about... 9 comments? What? What about votes - barely 25 - if I'm lucky. It's like, "Where are these people? The stats show that they saw it but they didn't vote, nor comment. Did they like my story? Or did they hate it so much that they just saw the first page and had to go back ASAP. (cause that's a logical reason why there's so many views and so little votes.) 

How can us writers know that you like our work if you don't tell us? It's not like we can sneakily hack into your profile to see your personal library and then search for our book(s) and be like, 'This person actually reads my work... :'D

Even though that is a possibility... Not that some people would go through all the trouble for that... *nervous laugh* Anyways...

Some people (how I love such people) take time off to write a nice comment. It really makes my day, and I'm sure all other writers' days as well. It makes us (well, for me mostly, not sure about all you other writers out there) feel so warm and fuzzy on the inside. Even some readers get inspired when they see other people comment. So they too comment, and next thing you know, you have a very happy writer. 

*Some writers even directly ask readers questions in their Author's Note, not unlike the one I have above. It doesn't hurt to reply to them! 

-By nice I don't exactly mean long, I mean something deep, or dare I say it, From the Heart. As though the story really got to them and they just write what they felt in the form of a comment and posts it for the entire world to see! -Now I'm just exaggerating.  Or am I?

    *Some writers even directly ask readers questions in their Author's Note, not unlike the one I have above. It doesn't hurt to reply to them! Or is their some consequence for commenting that I don't know about. If there is, please let me know, (see what I just did there? Tell me if you noticed, * I did it again... -_-)      

Anyway. What I'm really trying to say here is that commenting is a way in which you readers can actually tell us what you think about our story! 

Let's not forget those stories that you don't really like. Well, personally, I find it hard to dislike a story, for I try my utmost to find something positive in all. But that's not the case for all people. 

I understand that some stories have grammatical errors and/or are confusing. I suggest that you just give these writers time and second chances, eh, maybe third, and fourth, perhaps fifth chances too. They will improve, they always do (I'm talking about personal experience here). 

People have to start from somewhere. And yes, here I am defending us. (Yes, us) For example, when a child first begins drawing, most people cannot make out what the drawing is, and they might think that that particular drawing is just hideous. But to that child, it's beautiful. The most beautiful piece of art that she has ever created in her life. It probably is. 

Now when that child gets older, she learns many more things and she is able to develop her skills. But when she looks back at her old drawings, she notices how much she has improved. But yet, to her, her current art is now considered her masterpiece. When she gets older and repeats the process, she will (eventually) realize how much she has improved. 

It's about the same case with writers. I say, just give them a chance. 

Where was I? Oh, right...commenting...

With reference to the few paragraphs above, you can at least try to help us writers out by NICELY indicating to us our mistakes. I can't say that all writers would appreciate it. Some would take it offensive,  (once again, personal experience), but 

I suppose I have made my point clear. Now that that's done, I can end my Writer's Rant. And no, the capitals weren't really necessary. 

Then again, one thing I have learnt about on Wattpad, is that numbers don't (really) matter, or at least they aren't supposed. Yet they do... I shall elaborate on that more in (or on?) another chapter, if I even put up another chapter. 

So, that's it, for now...

Shout Out to two friends of mine, (two of the main reasons why I even have this book in the first place) You know yourselves...

~ Reba Out

Comment and/or vote if any of this got to you.