"And that surprises you?" Charles looked over at him.

"Well, yes. Doesn't that seem sort of absurd?" Henry was now no longer grinning.

"For goodness sake Henry, think about it. This is Palm Springs, you know that there are a lot of gay couples here, I've made no secret of my preferences and we live together. What do you think people are going to think?" Charles said in his History teacher tone.

"But I'm still wearing my and Irma's wedding ring." Henry looked at the finger on his left hand.

"That doesn't mean much you know, a lot of gay men wear wedding rings, especially silver ones like yours. You wouldn't be the first older man that has been married a long time that finally figured out that life is better on this side of the street." Charles finished with his educator tone and put his dishes into the dishwasher.

"It's platinum, not silver. Well I really don't care what people think, but I did clear up Rosie's misimpression right away." Henry got up to get more coffee for himself.

"Rosie, eh? Charles raised an eyebrow. "I don't think you've had lunch with a woman since I've known you."

"Oh sure I have, what about last year when I was investigating the Anza-Borrego murder I had lunch with that woman that owned the nursery on Sunset?" Henry defended himself.

"Clarissa, the large woman with the huge sun hat that wore the flannel shirt and sensible shoes, you mean her?" Charles laughed, "She doesn't count, she has more male hormones in her than half of the men in Palm Springs."

"Well, all right, maybe my social life hasn't been the greatest for a while." Henry admitted.

"A while? Henry, after I met you, I didn't know if you were attracted to men, women or trees for the longest time." Charles said. "I'm glad that you are finally coming out of the shell that you crawled into when your Irma passed away."

"Well, I don't know that I was in a shell, but I will admit that I haven't been very interested in women - until yesterday that is." Henry got up to take his coffee cup to the sink. "I've got an appointment with one of Thornbird's clients, I've got to run - but let's talk more later."

"Ok, I'll be here." Charles shook his head as he watched Henry walk to the garage with his folder of stuff. Henry was the nicest guy in the world and would do anything for his friends, but sometimes Henry could be so naïve.

It took Henry barely five minutes to drive the two miles to the Solé Hotel from his home. He parked out front, the parking lot was indeed fairly empty as Tim had predicted and rang the bell at the front gate. The gate was opened by a man of medium build and an excellent tan whose dark hair was wet and he had a large towel wrapped around his waist.

"You must be Henry Wright, welcome to the Solé Hotel, I'm Tim Miller." Tim held out his hand, "Please come on in." Henry shook Tim's offered hand, "Good to meet you, did I get you out of your shower?"

"Shower, no not at all." Tim answered with a quizzical look on his face as they walked in through the gate as Tim closed it carefully behind him.

"You're careful with the gate; do you have a security problem?" Tim laughed,

"Not really, but we don't want everyone just walking in here, I guess you don't know what kind of hotel we are do you?"

"No, I guess I never really thought about what kind of hotel you run; I didn't realize there were different kinds." Henry answered.

"Please have a seat," Tim motioned to a set of chairs set around an outdoor table next to a large pool in the hotel's courtyard, while he remained standing. "Can I get you something to drink?"