Tension

-July 17, 2014

       As far as I can remember, the three of us, Dad, Riley, and I, were on a small family vacation in North Carolina. Which was crazy considering we got our Dad to come with us because he was still depressed over mom's death, understandable. It was probably about nine in the morning, Dad made coffee for himself and we were watching T.V. while Riley was getting dressed. We were watching the news for the weather because we were planning on going for a bike ride on the coast, but some menacing clouds were discouraging us a little bit. Riley came out of the bathroom, and the E.B.S. comes on. I remember Dad saying, "Don't worry guys, just a test probably, let's get going." He actually smiled a little right there, which he had'nt done in awhile. As we were leaving out the door, Riley kind of yelled, "Oh my God, you guys! Get back in here!" Dad and I exchanged a sarcastic look.

-AS OF 6:12:56 AM PST, A NORTH KOREAN ATTACK WAS LAUNCHED ON THE 51ST. DEEP SEA FLEET. THREE (TANGO-HOTEL-ROMEO-ECHO-ECHO) KOREAN MiGs LAUNCHED A MISSILE STRIKE ON THE U.S.S LINCOLN, CARRIER-CLASS VESSEL, AND THE U.S.S. PEACEKEEPER, CRUISER-CLASS VESSEL, 1,200 MILES OFF THE COAST OF CALIFORNIA. THE MiGs PROCEEDED TO TRESPASS THROUGH U.S. AIR SPACE. A SQUAD OF THREE F-22's (FOXTROT-2-2) WERE DISPATCHED FROM MATHER AIR FORCE BASE TO INTERCEPT THE FIGHTERS. THREE CONFIRMED KILLS ON THE KOREAN FIGHTERS WERE REPORTED AND THE FIGHTERS WENT DOWN IN THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS IN THE STATE OF COLORADO. THE NATIONAL SECURITY LEVEL HAS BEEN RAISED TO DEF CON THREE (3). AS OF NOW, WE ARE ON HIGH ALERT.-

"Ok, we're getting on the first plane back to New York, I'm sorry guys, but this isn't the place to be right now." Dad said. "Come on Dad! California is on like the other side of the country! There's nothing to worry about right now. We're here to have fun and be together." Said Riley.

I had to agree with Riley on this one, we haven't been together at all in the last few months, and it was her Summer vacation.

"Alright, fine a few days, but that's it. I mean it."

So for the rest of the day, we spent riding on the coast and besides a few short rain showers, it was a lot of fun. Dad even looked happy for once! We went to a nice little seafood place on the boardwalk for dinner. When we got back to the condo we were staying, which was a pretty nice and right on the beach, we all took turns taking showers and went to bed. Dad took the couch that night, and I overheard the news anchor.

 "A terrorist strike on Buckingham Palace earlier this afternoon put the British S.A.S. in a panic. A group of four heavily armed men opened fire on a relatively large crowd with automatic weapons. Before being captured, two terrorists detonated bombs planted in the west and south areas of the Palace. After an hour long firefight, and small S.A.S. casualties, the terrorists were taken down. They were later identified as members of a group of Russian ultra-nationalists that have been responsible for arms dealing, illegal drug distribution, and several other attacks around the globe. With that, the question comes, 'Are these attacks in Europe contemporary with the North Korean attacks here in the U.S.? And if so, what does that mean for the rest of us?'  This has been Tim Broeder with World News. Good Night America."

The last thing I remember before falling asleep that night was, ' What the hell is going on?'

___________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the long wait! Life's been busy. So yea I realize that this is sort of grim and all, but I swear I'm not like weird or crazy or both. Anyway, thanks for being a fan, if you haven't already, would you please fan me. Of course leave any questions, comments, insults down below.

Follow me on Twitter if you wanna know what goin on in my life.

As always: Vote Tweet Like and Add :)

Thanks for Readin, see ya guys soon. Peace.