All Knowing

--Dedicated to CrystalClover for bring a great writer and writing her current story "The Stories of Ali"--

Chapter 1

            I was so lucky I lived on the lake.  I don’t think I could take it inside my head if I couldn’t see the sunset every evening.

            No one ever bothered me on the lake.  My head could clear staring across the water, watching as the colors changed as time got later and night approached.

            Eventually, though, I had to come inside.  Return to the jumbled, hectic, confusing thing that was my life.

            I walked back inside the house through the sliding glass doors out back.  I caught my reflection in the glass for just a glimpse but it was long enough to startle me.  My jet black hair was completely a mess, my eyeliner was smeared across my eyes, matching my black eyes.  Black.  I always wore so much black.  Not necessarily because I was a depressed person but I just like the color.

            I slipped off my shoes and headed to the safety of my bedroom, away from my overprotective father dozing away on our couch in the living room.

            “I’m going to bed, dad.  Goodnight.”  I called loud enough for him to hear.

            “Okay, Arella!  Goodnight, I love you!”

            Yeah, yeah.  I thought.

            Once inside my room I sat down on my large expansive bed.  I turned on my stereo and let the music drown out all other thoughts in my head, falling asleep.

Chapter 2

            Beep!  Beep!

            I really need to change my alarm to something a little less shrill for six in the morning.

            I jumped out of bed and turned off my alarm clock.  I walked to the bathroom and made myself presentable.  Tamed my think black mane of hair, put on some eyeliner and mascara and called it good.

            I’m not trying to impress anyone.

            Back in my room I was digging through my drawer when I felt it.  Damn.

            Images flew past me.  My mother.  An overpowering feeling of love came over me.  I pulled my hand back out as if I had been struck by lightning.

             That always happens.  Ever since I can remember I have been able to touch objects and sense emotions imprinted on said object, or even see images.  This came in handy when I lost something but other than that it was just a hassle.

            I grabbed my Chuck Taylors, slipped them on and was on my way upstairs.  Once upstairs I grabbed a granola bar and my keys and went for my car outside.

            I never had to put up with my dad in the morning.  He owned a fancy French restaurant in the city and never had to leave for work until evening came around.

            I got in my purple Volvo and was on my way to school when my hand started to get that familiar itch.  I grabbed a pen sitting in the cup holder and let my hand start  moving over the notebook I kept on the passenger seat for times like this.

Today

            That’s what formed on the paper in front of me I big black strokes.  I dropped the pen back in the cup holder and returned my hand to the wheel.  Nervous, I slowed the car down a bit.