Chapter 1: What if...?

"What would happen, if I just disappeared? Nobody would even notice. I could... I could just..."

You woke up, covered in sweat, trying not to scream and wake your neighbours. What a terrible nightmare. You looked at the clock. 3am. Trying to calm down, you breathed out. 'It's okay, you're awake.', you thought to yourself. You stood up, staggering to the bathroom. While breathing heavily you looked into the old mirror, washing your face. You closed your eyes for a second, only to find yourself passing out.

It felt like you were asleep for hours, maybe even days. Since you're living alone, all by yourself, nobody would find out if you died. Your neighbours don't care about you, your parents never visit you and your friends... Yes, maybe.. Maybe a friend of yours will find you, unconscious, lying on the floor. Or maybe you died. You died and nobody noticed. Of course, as expected. Well, you never really liked how you lived anyway. Your house was old and broken, you lost your job a week ago, you had no money, no where to go, life sucked. And now you're dead. Either going to heaven or hell. You never believed in afterlife nor heaven, god, hell and all that stuff. But here you are. A hopeless soul fyling through a pitch-black tunnel, letting someone or something decide whether you're good enough for heaven or if you will suffer in purgatory.

Many thoughts went through your head. Trying to think logically, you were interrupted by a voice speaking. "Well well well, what do we have here~" You looked around, trying to figure out who was speaking. "Can't you see me?", the voice spoke again. You couldn't figure out where it came from, but you knew for sure it wasn't someone who'd help you. "Who are you? Or what are you? Where am I? If this is a prank, I swear to god I'll-" "Wowow calm down~ this isn't a prank, you're dead." "What do you mean I'm dead?", you asked nervously. A black creature appeared in front of you. You gasped, trying to maintain balance. The creature chuckled. "Did I scare you~?" You growled. "Of course you did! Now tell me who the hell you are!" A bright light, shining from behind the creature blinded you. A few seconds later, your eyes got used to the light and you could finally see clearly what kind of creature was floating right in front of you. "A-are you a devil?" The creature smiled. "Well thank you, but no, I'm a demon~" While fyling around you, the creature poked you with some kind of sharp needle. Every poke burned a little but that didn't matter to you at all. You wanted to know where you were and why this demon was annoying you. "Can you stop poking me and maybe tell me where I am?" The demon stopped. "Well... you're in the famous 'Tunnel of Death' or whatever you humans call this. It's the path between heaven and hell." "But... why am I here?", you asked, still not knowing what was happening. The demon chuckled again, getting closer to you. "As I said, you're dead. And you'll either go to heaven or...", he stopped. You gulped. "Hell?" The demon smiled, clapping. "Correct!"

In the distance you could hear loud bells ringing and angels singing which mixed with the noises of fire and horrifying screams. "Well!", the demon turned around. You looked at him, confused and worried. "Maybe we'll see each other soon.", he smirked, sending chills down your spine. He waved, slowly flying through a black tunnel where the screams you heard came from. From inside the tunnel came a heat so unpleasent and stuffy it almost made you scream too. The demon turned around. "By the way you can call me Osomatsu. It was nice meeting you, (y/n)~" And with that he disappeared. Your eyes widened. How could he know your name?