Chapter 8: Graveyard

Mark's POV
    "  Let's flashback a couple  of years. When I had my beautiful wife, when I wasn't corrupted with agony, pain, and coorporation. Before I took on the business world. Before I changed...
      Me , my wife, and my two beautiful children used to live in the suburbs of Tampa Florida. Great neighbors, great school, and a truly great environment. My twin girls,  Rachel and Kate were only 15 at the time. Years of fun passed, and as the children began to blossom, my wife and I became closer. When we sent the children to college, we felt as if a whole had been made in our hearts. But, we decided to wait for our grandchildren, to see them grow. And hopefully fill that void hole... That hole would never be filled.
           It was on June 12, when I got the phone call I would never forget. Tampa general hospital was calling to share the results of my sweet wife's colposcopy.
          "Mr. Kreelic... I don't know how to say this to you.... But, ummm, we have discovered your wife has stage 4 colon cancer."
         This words... Those damned words I would never forget.I remember the thoughts rushing through my head.
          Not her. No... Not her.... Oh no... OH NO! WAKE ME! WAKE ME PLEASE FROM THIS HELL SENT DREAM!
           "What?"
           "Yes, yes sir. It's too late now to perform chemotherapy, and we can't perform surgery to remove the tumor..."
            I was sobbing into the phone...
            "WHA- WHAT CAN Y-Y-YOU DO?!?!? WHAT CAN YOU DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
           "Well, sir, we can't do a thing."
          "NO , DEAR GOD, NOOOOOOO! NOT HER NOT HER!!!!!! WAKE ME UP, WAKE ME UP!!!!!!!"
      My emotions were uncontrollable. I couldn't hold it in any longer...
          "PLEASE! NO!NO!NOOOOOOOO! PLEASE TELL ME YOUR LYING!"
           "Sir, I can't say I am lying. Please talk to your family about this. Now I have to go."
          "Yes, O-Ok. I'll t-talk later."
     He hung up.
          A week later, my wife passed. At the age of 57, she had left for a better place.
         At the age of 58,  I spiraled into depression. Wake up, drink, blackout. Wake up, drink, blackout. My kids tryed to send me into rehab. I said No, No, No.
        My father called me one day. A new corporate job at Kreelic Inc. I had tried to stay away from my family, they had been corrupted by power. But- I needed to do something. I was going to die if I kept this up.
      So I packed my bags, sold the old house, and took a one way flight to my new life. Then coorporations corrupted me.
         And here I am now, bossing people around, feeling sorry for myself. And the no relationship rule.
         That's because I don't want anyone to experience what I had gone through.
         I hate everybody, everything for taking her away. I hadn't gotten a phone call from my daughter's in a year. There will always be a hole in my body and I need something to fix it."
            "Very interesting, Mr.Kreelic. Well, I'm here to help so please keep talking."
         Thank God for Doctor Stevens. Thank God for psychiatrists.