His text message to me read, "Where are you?" So naturally, I responded, telling him our location in the student section. He had let me know that he would be at the game but I hadn't expected him to arrive this late into it. Then again I ever paid much attention to the games anyway. But he arrived once the halftime show already started taking place, and once the show was over, he made his way to where Lauren and I sat. After he sat, he brought up the point that we hadn't talked all summer. Which was true. So he went on. He took the time to tell me that I need to learn to get out of the house every once in a while.

So Lauren added, "G that is why I brought you to tonight!" Whilst shaking me by the shoulder, she continued, "You need to get out more!"

Excuse me if I cared about my future as well as my relationship with my parents, unlike Lauren. With her reputation, and the fact that she just didn't seem to care about anything- other than the next time she would be getting laid- I was surprised that we were friends. However, her loving, carefree personality did match mine perfectly. But going out with her more often than not- no thank you. So, rather than explain the reasons why I absolutely did not want to 'get out more', I simply laughed it off and shook my head.

But Dylan was still persistent, so he continued, "You need to get out of the house every now and again. Ever since school started, you haven't wanted to hang out, and that's not healthy, Jess." He seemed serious, but I knew he only spoke this way because he wanted to stay in touch with me. Not because it was unhealthy.

"Not true, I talk to you at school." I teased, looking forward and sticking my nose in the air.

"Last year maybe! But I loved hanging out with you last year, we always talked! And now-" he squinted his eyes, "you're a hermit" he teased, then as he took a sip of his soda, he leaned forward, resting his elbows on his legs. I rolled my eyes.

The load roars of the crowd overpowered our conversation, so I decided not to talk much for the rest of the football game, which seemed to go on and on. But it finally ended.

My parents waited in the front of the school, so Lauren and Dylan walked me to the car. Passing the familiar faces of my classmates, none acknowledged me. I wasn't popular, then again, why did I need to be? High schoolers never understand the true importance of their lives until their mistakes are already made. Which is exactly how the popular crowd lived their daily lives. Making mistakes. So their blurred faces passed one by one, day after day.

On the ride home, I stared out the open window, resting my head on my folded arms. And I thought to myself. I thought about the stars, and about the moon. And how they made me long for something more. More for each and every one of those blurred faces that passed by me, day after day. And more for myself. And I looked out the window in my room too. Wondering who else was looking out their window at the moon. Then my phone *buzzed* again. Dylan again.

"You seemed pretty bummed after the game today." It read.

I laid on my back with my glowing screen above my face, and clicked my thumbs against the keyboard, and responded, "I was just tired. Can I call?" I laid my phone on my stomach and waited for his response.

...

"Yeah, I'll answer."

...

"Hello?"

"Hey, Dylan."

"Hey, G."

"I just wanted to call you since you said that we apparently don't talk anymore."

"This is true."

"So, let's talk Diller."

"Don't call me Diller"

"Aw cmon Dill pickle don't be like that"

"G I'm going to hang up on you."

"No don't I'll cry."

"...Fine, G. I won't hang up."

"You're too nice to hang up on me anyway, Dill Pickle. You know, that's going to stick. You're too serious for a serious nickname."

"Jess, I don't understand how you can be so frustrating sometimes."

"And you never will. Goodnight Dill."

"Goodnight G."

...

The next morning I woke up refreshed and ready to start my day. I checked the time on my phone beside my bed. It read 6:30. I reached down into my bag to check how much money I had so I could possibly go shopping after school.

But my wallet was gone.