He sat down and motioned for me to join him. I was hesitant, but I finally sat down on the opposite side of the bench.

“Rebecca… What are you doing... Get over here!” He laughed, whilst grabbing my waist and pulling me closer to him, so that our legs were touching.

As his hand made contact with my waist I flinched. I wasn’t used to human contact, after being shut away in my room for so long, so his sudden touch startled me.

“Are you okay?” Michael asked.

“Ummm… errr… yeah I’m fine, sorry.”

“No need to apologize, it’s just that you flinched and I was worried that you were uncomfortable  or something.”

“No I’m fine,” I said, flashing him yet another smile.

“Good. But I want you to know that I would never hurt you, I just want to help you. I promise.”

His words sent chills though my body. I was still trying to register the fact that Michael Clifford, the most popular senior at my old school, was not only paying attention to me, but had missed me, and was now sitting right next to me. It didn’t seem real.

“So, you were going to tell me why you’re here…” Michael said, breaking me from my thoughts.

I took a deep breath and told him everything that had happened in the past few months, leaving out the part about cutting myself. I couldn’t let him know that.

I was crying by the end, and he had pulled me even closer, if that was possible, and was rubbing my back and whispering soothing words.

“Michael, I just have one question… Why are you here?” I asked.

A wave of worry rushed across his face, as he closed his eyes and breathed deeply.

Michael’s POV

I had been holding Rebecca in my arms as she told me her story. She was so strong. I don’t see why such a beautiful girl like herself could ever feel the amount of pain that she experienced. I began rubbing her back as tears flowed freely from her eyes.

She suddenly broke the silence by saying “Michael, I just have one question… Why are you here?”

I contemplated in my head whether I should tell her or not. In the end I decided I should.  I told her my story, starting before I’d even moved to America, up until now. Rebecca began crying again, which was so upsetting to see. I wiped the tears off her face, and once again she shuddered at my touch.

“Rebecca, I’m not going to hurt you. I promise”

Her beautiful blue eyes looked up at me, as she nodded. I swear that was the moment that I realized my true feeling for her.

 I liked Rebecca.

I knew she didn’t like me back, the way she’s always nervous to be around me, but I hoped I could change that. All I wanted was to help her.

I looked at my phone, and saw that it was already 12 am. We’d been outside for hours, and we’d missed dinner.

“Erm Rebecca… We’ve sorta missed dinner... the dining hall closed two hours ago… I have a microwave and some ramen noodles in my room if you’d like to join me?” I asked, knowing that she’d probably say no.

“I’d like that,” She said with a smile. I was shocked, yet happy at the same time.

I took her hand and stood up, and we walked next to each other up to my room on the third floor.

Rebecca’s POV

Michael had offered to take me to his room and make me dinner, and I was so hungry after not eating all day that I didn’t even hesitate to say yes. I was shocked when he grabbed my hand, but I decided not to protest.

We walked back through the field, holding hands, with his guitar that I was yet to hear him play in his other hand.

It turns out that his room was literally right down the hall from mine, and as we walked in I noted that it had a similar setup. The only major difference was his duvet cover and the band posters all over the walls. He had an amazing music taste.

Michael offered me a seat on his bed, as he went to heat us up some noodles. I was so hungry that I didn’t even mind eating in front of him, something that months ago I would never have done.

We ate in silence, but it wasn’t awkward. Michael had plugged his phone into his speakers and music was quietly playing as we devoured our food.

I began to realize how tired I was whilst Michael was in the bathroom I decided to rest my head for a few minutes.

Michael’s POV

I walked back into my room to find Rebecca curled up in a ball, dead asleep, on the end of my bed. She looked so cute when she slept.

I realized that I probably should get her back to her room, but I had no idea which one was hers.

A knock on my door startled me from my thoughts, and I opened it to reveal our floor counselor, Gen.

“Michael! We have a new patient staying on this floor, her name is Rebecca, she’s about this tall and has curly brown hair and-“

I cut her off, pointing to my bed.

She gave me a confused look, but I told her I’d explain later. I asked her which room was Rebecca’s and she pointed to one across the hall and two doors down. I went over to my bed and picked her up, and carried her bridal style over to her bedroom.  I took her shoes off and placed her beneath her sheets.

I began walking out, but right before I reached the door I turned round and walked over to her bed. I pushed her hair off of her forehead and gave it a kiss.

“Goodnight, angel” I whispered, before turning off the light and shutting the door behind me.

-A/N Hellooooo! Here's a much longer update than normal! I just had so many ideas for this chapter, and I really liked writing it! Thanks again for reading, and pleaseeeee vote and comment about what you like or what I could improve on! Love you all :))-