Chapter 25 "second chance"

Start from the beginning

The breakfast was great and I went home after that. I wanted to talk to Damian but I have to fix my eyes first. I went home and mom was there waiting for me. I told her about what happened since she knew that Damian was my first boyfriend. She told me that Santana was right, I should to him about it and clear things out.

I drop myself in the tub as I try to relax myself. I need strength to face him again. My first love.

I swallow a lump as I push the door bell. My heart is beating so fast. I checked my appearance before going out and its fine so I should be fine. Argh! this is so freakin nerve-wracking!

The door opens.

“May I. . .” Jerry didn’t continue when he saw me.

“I need to talk to him.” I said.

He seems to understand and brings me to the pool.

“Sir Damian will be here any minute.”

“Thanks.”

Agony is with me while waiting for Damian to arrive. My palms are sweating and my heart is beating so fast, I think I’m going to have a heart attack. This will be the first time to talk to him for such a long time.

“Why are you here?” A flat voice said from my back that made me startle.

I turn to see the unreadable expression of Damian’s face. “I… Hi?” I feel so stupid. Out of all the words in the dictionary, that came out from my mouth.

He snorted a little and then composes himself. “I have a hunch on why on earth you are here after…two years. If it’s because of what your heard yesterday, then forget it.” He said and turn his heel back from me.

“Wait! I---I don’t even know why I’m here. My feet moved on its own.” I said, kind of lied.

“Pft… is that the best excuse you can make up? I know you remember? So you can’t just lie to me.”

I swallow a lump. “Fine. I’m here to talk about yesterday.”

“Forget it.”

“I need to know Damian. You didn’t say anything to me, not even a phone call.” I beg.

He looks at me straight to my eyes. “Why should I bother explain myself when I knew from the look on your face that you believed them, and not me.” He said.

His words came to me like a dagger that is pierce straight into my heart. I hate to admit it, but he is right. I did believe them. “But still, you owe me an explanation. I know that what I did was horrible--- no worse than that, that I don’t even know other words that can be worse than that…”

“How about a jerk? That will do.” He said cutting me off.

I can’t help but roll my eyes and hiss. “Fine, I’m sorry okay?” I took a deep breath. “I’m truly sorry.” I said and lower my head.

“It’s in the past now, so you don’t have to bother about it.” He said.

“Then, can I ask you a question?”

He looks at me again. “Depends.”

“Why did you tell Santana about it but you can’t say it to me before?” I said and I feel some pain in my heart knowing that Santana knows about this before I did. Well yeah we heard it together but I heard about it after two years…two years.

He sigh. “Carmen drop this issue okay? It’s done…” he turn his back at me again but before he did, my body move on its own and hug him tightly. “Wh-what are you doing?” he said.