Chapter 0.4

The conversation between her and Natasha was a few weeks ago, thinking that Natasha had forgotten about it, she continues her daily life

The conversation between her and Natasha was a few weeks ago, thinking that Natasha had forgotten about it, she continues her daily life. What she didn't know is that Natasha had been searching for your soulmate in the database.

Cora searched through her bag, her phone ringing continuously. Natasha's name flashed across her screen and she picked up.

"Cora, you have to come here."

"Woah, what's going-"

"Cora, I love you but you need to come here."

"Okay first, i -"

Natasha hanged up her phone before Cora could lecture her. Rolling her eyes, she packed up her stuff and ran to the tower. She was greeted with silence and her hearts starts pounding loudly. She quietly walked into the living room where she was met with surprise.

"What the hell is going in here?"

Everyone was standing in the line behind a guy who is sweating profusely and looking scared. Natasha went forward, beaming.

"I know what I just did is wrong but I couldn't help myself. I had to do it. I want you to be happy with your soul-" Natasha's words died down when she felt Cora ripped her hands off from Natasha's grip.

"No, you didn't. Please tell me you didn't." Cora begged, staring at Natasha's eyes.

"I did. That guy is your soulmate. I want you to be happy." Natasha tried to reason with Cora.

"Happy? You want me to happy? I trusted you. I told you not to do it and you still did it behind my back. I'm so fucking happy right now. I'm ecstatic. Ooo my soulmate is here. Wow, now we can happily get married, buy a white-fenced house and make plenty of kid now. Just fuck off, Nat." Cora's eyes water, she quickly grabs the guy and went to her room.

======

Cora turned to the guy and softly whisper, "I'm so sorry you have to be involved in this."

"It was cool to meet the superheroes but I'm sorry, I'm not your soulmate. Mine is waiting for me back home." the guys whisper back, scratching his head.

Cora spends the whole day, getting to know the guy. He admitted that he was scared to meet his soulmate because you'll never know what he or she looks like and he's a little bit insecure because of his name. 

Cora pouted, "now I feel bad that I said your name."

"Why did you lie in the first place?"He asked, eating the chocolates that Cora stashed under her bed.

Cora stopped munching her food, "I find out that my best friend was in a relationship with my soulmate. I know she still has feelings for him. I mean, you should look the way she talked about him. We don't have anyone besides each other. Okay she has the Avengers but that's beside the point." and took a deep breathe, "I guess I feel like it's the least I could do since she has been the one that's taking care of me this whole time."

"Well, that's the most stupid and selfless reason," Jamie said, throwing his wrapper to Cora's face. He stood up and kneel in front of Cora. "You don't owe people shit. She has a soulmate waiting for her, so why sacrifice yours?"

She couldn't hold the heartbreak any longer and she fell to the floor in a disheveled heap as her grief poured out in a flood of uncontrollable tears. Once that first tear broke free, the rest followed in an unbroken stream.

"I feel like I'm never good enough. Look at me and Natasha. I'm the useless one. I'm ugly, I'm weak and I'm no one." Cora cried against Jamie's chest. Jamie rubbed Cora's back and cooing her once in awhile.

"You're not useless, you're neither ugly nor weak. If I don't have a soulmate, I would probably date you and anyone would be so fucking lucky to have you as his or her soulmate." Jamie muttered, "and if you ever feel like going away, you can come live with my boyfriend and I. He's cool."

Cora laughed, "Of course you'll say that. I still can't believe your parent name you that."

======

It was late at night and Jamie already went home a few hours ago. Cora couldn't sleep and went to the kitchen for a drink when she saw Natasha already in the kitchen. She turned around when she was stopped by Natasha's voice.

"Are you still mad at me?"

Cora shrugged and continues her way to her room.

"I don't understand. I thought you wanted to meet your soulmate?"

"It's not about that. It's about you going on my back and doing shit when I specifically told you not to do it." Cora angrily whispers, rubbing her teary eyes.

Natasha stared at her best friend, "there is more to than meets the eye. There's something you're not telling me."

Cora was taken back by Natasha's comment. She stuttered,"W-what do y-you mean? Oh look at that time, I need to sleep. Busy day."

"That's it. I know you, Cora. I know you're hiding something from me."

"You have no idea." Cora muttered, turning and walking away from the kitchen.

======

Don't forget to comment and vote guys.

I'm so sorry for the lack of update and grammatical error.

I have no editor because she is very busy with her school and I don't want to annoy her. Hit me up if you know any editor.

 Hit me up if you know any editor