-2-

"Kenma wait!" Kuroo called after the setter, who now appeared to be on the verge of tears.

   Kenma just quickened his pace, running along the path that the team did laps on. He had no intentions of stopping, but he was also aware that he wouldn't be able go outrun Kuroo for much longer. Remembering a small dirt road that strayed from the beaten path, the blonde creeped down in, hiding himself from view.

   "I think I lost him..." Kenma sighed in relief. He had no idea why he ran away, but the idea of Kuroo seeing him cry made his face flush. It would be so... embarrassing. No way would the setter embarrass himself as a third year, much less infront of his closest friend.

   Slowly, the boy got up. As he was walking out however, a voice caught him off guard.

   "I thought you would be here, but I also thought that I wouldn't be able to get out of your little hideout if I made it in." Kuroo laughed. Of course he would take this jokingly, it wasn't as if the younger had just run away like someone was chasing him with a knife.

   "I forgot you knew my place, sorry. I would have come out sooner if I had remembered, rather than leaving you to stand out for over an hour," Kenma apologized, rubbing a hand over his eyes.

   "Tired?" Kuroo questioned, ruffling the blonde's hair.

   "Yeah, actually," Kenma admitted.

   Kuroo nodded. "Okay, I wanna let you sleep. Climb on my back."

   "But—"

   "No but's, just get on. Before I change my mind preferably," Kuroo said, bending down to allow Kenma on.

   The setter hesitantly mounted Kuroo's back, resting his head on the broad, but surprisingly comfortable shoulder. Within minutes Kuroo's ears were filled with the light puffs of air escaping Kenma's soft lips, signaling his slumber. "Good," Kuroo whispered.

   He carried Kenma all the way to his home, barely managing to unlock the door with the boy on his back. Somehow he did it though.

   Silently, he layed Kenma on his bed, making sure that all of his stray clothes were out of the way. God, he would have to clean up his room
later, it was a complete mess. Since living on his own after he graduated, Kuroo never really had a need to keep his house tidy.

   "I hope you don't mind sleeping here, but it was close..." Kuroo said sweetly, brushing Kenma's hair out of his face, exposing his peacefully shut eyes.

   Kenma mumbled an inaudible jumble of words, seeming to be having a nice dream.

   "Holy shit," Kuroo murmered into a blanket. He had joined Kenma in the bed, keeping a safe distance in case the setter decided to wake up soon. "You're so beautiful when you sleep."