"You have a wrong impression about her Mom. She never asked me about money and please...stop calling her a whore."

"She's a whore because she is one! And she even have proofs of being one. Three children without their father!"

"Mom huwag mong idamay ang mga bata."

"Oh so you're starting to act as their father now... Gumising ka Warren! How can you accept to be an instant father of three children? Nakakalimutan mo na ba kung sino ka? You're one of the most desired bachelors in the country, for god sake!"

"Mom, those children are my reasons too why I love Lena even more. Raising those kids alone only shows how great her heart is. She is a much bigger person than what you think she is."

Mas lalong hindi makapaniwala ang ina sa sinabi ng binata. "Nababaliw ka na nga Warren!" napapangangang wika nito. "I will never accept your decision! Ituloy mo ang plano mo, pero kalimutan mo nang may ina ka pa!"

"I can't do that. I love you mom and whatever happens, I still want you to be there for me."

"If you love your mother, then choose me over that woman!"

Huminga ng malalim si Warren at tiningnan nang may nakikiusap na mga mata ang galit na magulang.

"For once Mom, can you think of your own son's happiness? I'm begging you to trust me. This is the best decision I've ever made in my whole life."

"I'm thinking of your happiness just right now Warren. Nabubulag ka lang sa ngayon ng babaeng yun pero when excitements die down, you'll realize how you've been blinded. And when that happens papaano ka pa babangon kung sira na ang pangalan mo?!"

Unti-unting nagbago ang mukha ni Warren. Ang kanyang mahinahong reaksiyon ay dahan-dahang nabalutan ng lungkot.

"You're not thinking about my sake mom. You're being like this because of yourself."

"Anong ibig mong sabihin?"

Ngumiti ng matamlay ang binata. "I know what's going on inside your head. You're afraid of what people will say. You'll feel ashamed sa mga kaibigan mo if they'll learn that your son end up marrying an ordinary woman and not to someone who has social status like Avina. You're too proud that your son became famous and you'll have difficulty facing the fact that this controversy will ruin your son's popularity. All of these will hurt your pride and that's what you care about."