Better be a Prank

Start from the beginning

"Jemma stop!" He shouts.

"Are you kidding me?!" I shout back and he looks up at me. I can't even keep his gaze.

"You're the one who ruined this, not me. You just threw a person away and said that this meant nothing, not me! You are the dick, not me! So go shower her with the romance! At least you'll feel something and don't have to lead me on anymore!" I scream and turn around. I cover my mouth with my hand. My face is streamed with tears. As I get to the entrance of the building, I realize I can't go out there.

"Hey. I'll go get you some tissues." I hear Alaina say. My hands are shaking from my outburst. I reach to my side to grab my phone out of my pocket to call Lou. You have got to be kidding me.

"I can't find my phone." I whisper to the girls.

"We'll find it. It's probably in the break room. Sit here." Spencer says and they run off.

"Jemma? Where are you?" I hear his panicking voice down the hall.

"I jumped off the radio tower." I say and he walks into the lobby.

"Jemma please." He says and sits down in front of me on the floor.

"I just panicked and said that. I was yelling to myself to stop, but autopilot took over and I was just stuck." He tells me.

"Bullshit Zayn." I say and pull my legs up onto the couch to sit Indian style.

"Jemma-"

"I don't understand you. You say I'm your first choice, but you love her. I don't want it to be about choices. I want there to be one answer. Just one and I want it to be me but-"

"It is you." He says and I laugh meanly, but stop myself when I see his hurt face.

"You can't be serious." I say and he stares at me.

"Zayn look at what just happened in here!" I point out, but he looks unchanged.

"Jem! We found your phone!" Alaina shouts down the hall.

"I'm sorry, I have to go." I say and get off the couch. He grabs my leg and I flinch. There is still a bruise there. I shake him off.

"That's kind of a soft spot." I tell him and he looks worriedly at me. He stands up and takes a step toward me.

"You need to figure yourself out. I've told you this before." I say and step back.

"Jemma..." He starts and trails off. He wraps his arms around my shoulders and squeezes me.

"Let me go." I plead. He doesn't move.

"Zayn." I mumble.

"Jemma." He says and moves his head off of the top of mine.

"Let me-" And he cuts me off with a kiss. I stomp on his foot with my heel and he lets me go with a yelp.

"What was that for?!" He shouts.

"You! You can't just do that!" I yell and Spencer and Alaina run into the room.

"What are you doing?!" Spencer yells at him.

"I kissed her." He says.

"You are such a dick today." Alaina says and I stare at them confused. Why are they defending me? Isn't he their friend.

"Just go do the interview." Spencer says.

"Jemma if you let me actually talk just for a second-"

"No." I say and he looks up at me surprised.

"I promise I'll make it up to you-"

"Stop." I say.

"Please." He asks and I shake my head.

"I can't even focus right now." I tell him and he takes my hand. I pull it away and walk past him.

"Jemma I care about you." He says and I get red with anger.

"Then maybe you should figure out what the hell you actually want." I spat and walk up to the girls.

"Please say you found a ride." I say and they nod.

"Paul called for a car." Spencer says and hugs me. I pull away after and stare out the window at the herd of girls.

"Jemma-"

"Zayn, you will not get a girl to listen by pestering her. She'll only feel worse. So stop." Alaina says and the air becomes thin again.

"Zayn. Get down here." Paul calls down the hall and I hear him sigh.

"I promise Jemma. I just got stuck in the moment." He says.

"And what makes you think you won't get stuck again?" I ask just as the car pulls up. I leave without looking at him and head to the car with the girls. I can't even stand him right now.