Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

I switched off my counter, and cleaned the top, signalling to everyone coming my way to go over to Jim's. 

My shift had officially ended a minute ago, but some teenager had literally just bought out the shop.

I went to to the staff room, and peeled off my work jacket. Dying to replace it with my own leather jacket, I put my blue name tag inside my uniform trousers pocket, and picked my backpack out of my locker. I waved to everyone in the staff room, then walked out of the back door.

I wrapped my arms around myself, and struggled through the cold, not looking back at the Tesco store where I worked. Ugh.

If someone told me that I'd be working at a Tesco store, trying to pay rent, whilst balancing everything with school work, I would have punched them in the face. And if someone had told me I'd be living a freaking double life, I'd probably blow them up.

Now look where I am.

But if they'd told me I'd be going to the gym 24/7, I'd know that was normal. For me. I loved working out. It made me feel good about my body.

I closed my eyes, and huffed. My life wasn't exactly perfect, but it wasn't imperfect either. I was just getting by, as much as a 17 year old could without the guidance of her parents. 

My little sister Lindsay, who was fifteen, lived with them. Well, barely. She was always at a freinds house having one of those girly sleep-over’s. And me? I was in my 'flat', watching a a free Wrestling channel during my spare time, when I wasn't fighting.

Not many boys in my life, not many girls either. Hardly anyone except my nosy teachers and alright co-workers. I was the youngest working with them, and sometimes they treated me like it, but most of the times, we got on well.

And then there was my neighbor, Kye Jager. God knows why I put up with him. He's as annoying as shit, but yeah. You could say I still love him. In the really close friends way, though sometimes he looks weirdly at me.

I pulled my keys out of my bag as soon as I saw the seven floor building. I jammed one of the keys in, twisted it in the lock and pushed the heavy door open. 

In here was a bit warmer, but my house was considerably warmer than this. I trailed up the stairs at a sludgy pace, and repeated the process of the keys in the lock. 

The door swung open, and I stepped in. I shut it, locked it, and switched on the lights as I went by. I switched on the heater, and popped in a Pot Noodle for a couple of minutes in the microwave.

I went in to my little room, and took off my work clothes, replacing them with my old, comfy sweats and cardi. I checked my watch, still have a couple of hours to go.

In the meanwhile, I went in to the kitchen, just as the microwave beeped. I took out my food, ripped the packet open and added a fork. 

I grabbed my remote, and switched on the TV, getting comfy on one of the two sofas included. I started swirling large amounts of noodles on my fork before I remembered the Pepsi I had in the mini-fridge. I ran to take it out, and popped open the bottle, taking a long sip.

By the time my alarm beeped, I hadn't realised I'd passed out. I woke with a start, and blinked away sleep. I sighed, and switched off the alarm on my watch, then the TV and dropped my debery in the bin on my way to my bathroom.

I put on my make-up, thick, dark eye-shadow, bright red lipstick, eye liner and mascara, then added some blush to my usually pale cheeks. I ironed out my hair, smoothing out the curls, and plaited it to one side in a nice, long fish plait, leaving the fringe to dress my face.

Then I went in to my room, and opened my small wardrobe. I pulled out my costume from right at the back, and got dressed. Black halter top, fish net tights, white stretchy booty shorts and leather gloves and jacket.

I sprayed myself lightly with cheap body spray, and put my phone on charge. I don't take it with me, it wasn't really a big deal.

I gave myself a once-over, and grabbed my keys and purse. I switched off the remaining lights after I'd made sure I looked nothing like my daytime self, and walked out, making sure no-one was watching. Even Kye, who I was pretty close to, and my sister, didn't know about this.

There had been those few times that I'd wanted to tell them, Kye especially, but I just couldn't make my throat come out with the noise.

I ran through the dark streets, and finally got there, slowing down to take a breather.

"Right on time, G." 

I grinned, smacking my palm against Ador, my trainer's, hands.

"Sup D?" I yelled, winking at the other guy.

"Still trying to see if I can work a charm on you." He called back.

I laughed, "Well, I'm not stopping you."

"Enough chatting kids," Ador commented, even though he was chuckling, "I've got a fight for you in a couple of minutes," He told me, placing a hand on my shoulder. 

I raised a brow, interested. "Awesome, who is it?"

"I doubt you know the kid, Hellraiser, she calls herself."

I snorted. "Kay, girl?"

"Have I ever let you fight a guy?" He asked.

I shook my head, rolling my eyes, "You don't think I can do it."

"It's not that Soph."

"Ah ah ah! Gladiatress," I corrected him quickly.

He rolled his eyes. "I swear, you're more stubborn than my son." He muttered.

"You know it," I smiled.

He gave his grey streaked hair a ruffle, "Ego too. Now start doing warm ups! I'm not having you winded during this game."

I nodded, giving his back a pat as I walked past. There were only three other wrestlers that worked here, including Dedi (The guy I'd called D earlier). With his dark brown perfectly styled hair and shimmering green eyes, he was the perfect playboy. And had been trying to 'work his charm' on me since I started wrestling.

There was also Monstress, another female wrestler that I hardly ever spoke too. And damn was she was scary. Even with her shimmering golden hair, petite frame and sparkling blue eyes. She still managed to be the most intimidating thing you would have ever seen. Like ever. Rumour has it she has a bone to pick with me but I'm still clueless as to why.

Lastly there was Guy (yes that's his real name). He was the type of guy that kept himself to himself. And was always alone either on his phone or just staring at nothing, lost in thought. His midnight black hair, matching set of brown eyes and tan skin made him look mysterious. Sometimes I wonder if I should approach him but I somehow always choose logic over reason.

All of them have been in the business longer than me but I'm sure that I can catch up to them soon. I nodded at some more familiar faces as I made my way towards the ring.

I grabbed my mouth guard and popped it in my mouth. What? So I care about my dental hygiene, sue me!

As I entered the ring cheers erupted from the crowd. I smirked. Only been in the wrestling industry for a couple of months and I'm already a crowd favourite.

I looked over to my opponent and met eyes with a curvy red head. She was wearing an outfit that left nothing to the imagination. Like the new Miley Cyrus has more fabric on her compared to this 'Hellraiser'. When she stood up she towered over me. She smirked, obviously laughing at me. I growled. Boy oh boy! I sure am gonna enjoy wiping that smirk of her face.

I clicked my knuckles as the referee blew his whistle. I could feel the adrenaline bubbling up inside me. Then I lunged for her.....

A/N: Hey! Guys its Praise here. I hope that you enjoyed our first chapter. If you couldn't tell Peace and I have different styles of writing, so you can plainly see that she wrote the beginning and I wrote the end. Sorry for any spelling mistakes! Will edit soon. If you like or enjoyed this please vote or comment! We would love to hear what you think! Fan? Please? Lol! Jokes byeeee!

Praise and Peace xoxox <3