Part 2

I was currently in the hospital cafeteria getting a refill of the best coffee in the world. Generally hospitals don't have good coffee's but ours don't fit under that category. The aroma of hot streaming coffee filled the room as people rushed to start their day with a boost. 

I made my way to my table where my friends where sharing about their previous days experience. " .........has been 3 months since she changed her bandage. She hasn't even gone to a doctor to check on it until she felt uneasy. When I opened the bandage , there were a bunch of maggots crawling on her wound . It was the most disgusting sight . It was hell lot worse treating it " said Abishek . 

There were a series of "eww" and " yuck" from the table. "God, abichand we are trying to start our day not quit it calling in sick" , I said.

Now, Abishek aka Abhichand as I call him is one of my trust worthy friend. He too is an intern and the most immature one in our gang. By our gang I mean me, Niki, abichand and vishranth. Vishranth is the quiet one of us all and its quite amusing how he could hide his emotions well. He talks well to us but sucks when it includes strangers. 

" How's your patient?  " asked Vishu looking at Niki. " He's quite well considering the fact that he survived a car crash . But I suspect he can't be discharged any time soon. He has a surgery today on his arm . The worst part is that the paparazzi has been nagging on and on about his condition. "

Ok.....now I'm lost. Who the hell is this patient? Why is the papers involved? And how the hell is it's Niki who always gets to treats celebrities? 

"Why is the papers involved? " I asked taking a sip of my coffee and enjoying the burning sensation on my tongue. All heads snapped in my direction as if I just took their last piece of chocolate cake. Even abichand choked on his black coffee. 

" Are you freaking kidding me? You have no idea? I thought you were a fan" said abichand throwing his hands in air. Vishu just gave me a blank look. 

" Hey..... I was busy doing my job!!! " I defended myself. Abichand shook his head vigorously whereas Niki decided to explain.

" Your dreamboy Virat is my patient. He and his friend Ranveer were returning from a party last night when his car tripped and collided with a tree. His friend was your patient " Niki said while examining what to have next. 

To say I was shocked was an understatement. I was beyond shocked....... I was horrified. Words choked out and blood drained from my face. I was a great fan of Virat kohli , vice captain of Indian cricket team. I may not be the No. 1 fan cause I don't watch all his matches live nor follow his every action , but I won't miss watching his game even if its too late. 

" How is he? " was all I could manage to blabber . Niki frowned at me " Don't worry dear , he's gonna be allright . Calm down you look like you just killed your pet ". " I don't have a pet " I mumbled. "Whatever " she shrugged it. 

I stayed silent lost in my thoughts. Is he in pain? When will he be able to play again? What exactly happened? How bad is his condition? I didn't even realized vishu and abichand left to start their shift. 

Suddenly a thought arouse in my mind. " Can I tag along? In the surgery? Please I don't have much work today except for post-its. " I begged Niki while she gave me an annoyed look. 

" Aria , please get back to your senses. You are my intern. You must tag along in my surgeries. Its not an option. Now get your ass out of that chair or you will never be able to do a surgery " snapped Niki. Next thing I know, I was rushing towards a  crowded hospital corridor. Huh......its gonna be a long day.

Virat's P.O.V

My head was spinning. My stomach hurt like hell. My arm felt like it was set in fire. I tried opening my eyes but they stayed glued. Sunlight filled the room making it more painful to open my eyes. Slowly with much difficulty I opened them. I was in a room completely filled with white. Loud  beeping machine was at the bedside and lots of wire emerged from it. The bed was quite comfortable but I miss my room. There was a huge window at my left side with a view of the busy dehli city. Sun shown bright through the window giving a bit life to the dead room. Pain rushed through my body making me groan.

Suddenly the door opened making me and the person who just entered jump with fear. At the doorframe was a girl taking deep breaths trying to calm her heart beat. But I was normal cause my heart didn't beat anymore. It stopped at her sight. She was breathtaking. 

She was a beautiful shade of light brown. Her face was perfect round. Her long brown hair was tied in a tight bun but a few locks successfully escaped gently brushing her soft cheeks. Her big hazel eyes widened looking at me as if she is wondering if I am really alive. Her lips the perfect shade of pink with small lines which I would love to die looking at. She was not more than 5'5 and wore a white coat with a hospital symbol in it. 

"Hello Mr.Kohli. How are you doing now?" She said in a sweet voice. It was not strained as most fans of mine do. It was so natural yet it sent shivers down my spine. She looked at me expectantly narrowing her eyes a little.

" Err.....I'm fine. It hurts a little. But manageable. Sorry ,who are you? What is this place??"

" Sorry. I'm Dr. Arthika sharma. Myself and my boss Dr. Nikitha mehta will be treating you. You met up with a car accident yesterday. You are now in Sri gangs ram hospital." 

Car accident??? ......my head started spinning from yesterday's incidents. I guess my car had some mechanical problem. But I wasn't alone.

" How is Rv .......I'm sorry Ranveer? " I panicked. It was I who forced him to tag along . If something goes wrong, I will be responsible. Moreover I can't stand the fact that I hurt my best friend. 

Arthika smiled at me showing off her cute dimples "He's fine. Nothing to worry about. Just some more tests and he's good to go home". I was beyond relieved. 

She continued with a hint of sadness "But I'm afraid its more complicated in your case."

Ok .....now I'm confused. What did she mean by complicated? Am I dying? No that can't be true. I'm talking fine right???

" Virat ??? Are you all right? Is something wrong??" She asked while checking the annoying machine by my side. The way she asked I forgot my own name. It was full of worry and concern. 

" I'm alright. Just thinking. What's wrong with me?" I asked with fear evident in my eyes.