Wisdom

"Mr Yashio, do you know any market that sell free items today?" I asked as I handed him a dozen of eggs.

"Well... There is one tent nearby, I could show you right now if you have time," he says. I glanced at my brother with pleading eyes.

"Sure, I have everything under control anyways. Just bring back some items that mom told us to bring," my brother instructed.

"Okay! Oh wait, can I also bring back something that I like?" I asked.

"Only one thing though," my brother ruffles my hair.

"Okay!" I yell as I skip happily next to Mr. Yashio.

We enter a small red tent. I recite the things that we need. Blue thread, nails, cream, and buttons. "Welcome to my shop, my name is Rin is there anything you're looking for?" a middle age woman asked.

"Blue thread, nails, cream, and buttons!" I blurted out loudly. I quickly looked down at the floor. My face flushed with embarrassment.

"I'll be right back, you can take a look around," she says.

I went around the tent. It had pretty standard stuff such as pens, ink, vases, yarns, and fabrics. Though at one corner, I saw several of weapons for hunting and combats. Arrows, spears, knives, and more. I lift up a small dark purple knife in the palm of my hands and inspected it. "Oh careful dear! The tip of that blade is poisonous!" Rin warns.

"Ah, I'm so sorry. It's just that, It's not everyday I get to see these kind of stuff," I say placing the knife down.

"My husband and son were soldiers before they resigned, so occasionally they would make these," Rin explained.

"Do you sell these, or are they free?" I asked.

"I sell them for twelve dollars per set," she admits.

I examine the weapons. I wanted one, but that would mean I would have to use the money I had saved up for four years! I also knew that mother and Daniel wouldn't allow weapons in the house, so a bow and arrow or a spear was out of question.

"Do you have anything small?" I asked.

"Try this," she says holding out a small dagger. I took it with both hands and examined it. It was small and black, but at the very tip of the blade, it had a slight brilliant blue color. I frown.

"Is something wrong?" Rin asked.

"No, nothing is wrong. It's just the right weight and sharp, but what I really want is a sword," I blurted.

"Now, why would you want a sword?" Rin asked.

"The reason why I want a sword is because I want to learn how to protect myself! Then maybe, just maybe, mother would worry less about my brother and I! Maybe instead of sending us off with a worried expression, she might smile," my face flushed in embarrassment.

"Hmm, I have three swords in the back. Come with me," she smiles.

I follow her silently into the back room. It was filled with stuff. The room was small and was obviously made so that only three people could fit inside.

"Here we go," she says holding out three scarabs, "This is what we call a fire sword," she says pulling out a spiky red sword out of it's scarab. She handed it to me and I swung it once. It was so pretty! The blade actually looked like it was on fire! It was beautiful, but too heavy.

"It's too heavy," I said handing it back to her.

She carefully placed it back into the scarab and pulled out another sword. It was black. "I call this the night sword," she says holding it out to me.

I gave it a swing. It was better really, but the blade looked old and dull. I shook my head and handed it back to her.

"How about this one? My husband calls it "The Wisdom Sword." He told me that this sword will help anyone find the right path using with or without violence," she says.

I gasp as she pulled out a magnificent, brilliant, blue sword. I took it in my hands and turned it to it's side. The light reflected on it and the sword looked like the glittering ocean waves. I loved it immediately. "I want this one!" I say happily.

I took out a ten and two one dollar bills from my pocket and handed it to her.

She shook her head and handed the money back to me "Keep the money, I'll make an exception for you," she smiled.

"Thank you so much!" I cried as I left the tent with Mr. Yashio.