Chapter 1

"Alright kids wake up" the warden says every morning why doesn't she don't send us to school she ain't even care about any of us.

Adriane-age 16 (parents died in car accident)

Ashely-Age 16 (Parents died in a fire)

Tameka-Age 17 (Crack baby)

As I'm sure you've heard of the warden she make sure all kids are safe but, I think she just in it for the money. Life's is really rough in this place, honestly I'd rather had died with my parents then being here, there is not enough food or space for all the kids. I have manged to make a few close friends, I feel the one of my friends I most feel bad for is Tameka, because she never was really able to see her mom. Oh here she is she asks "What I am doing" I tell her I'm just drawing as always. "She says only girls draw "(well I've never seen her draw). Tameka says she doesn't want to drink smoke or any of those types of things, that's why I look up to her I wish all kids took from her.

(At school)

I usually stick with my crew (not really a crew just friends I relate to the most) . Class is also bad I'm just gonna give you a glimpse of what happens almost every day of my like

So,basically I go into class... I'm just gonna copy what everyone says, "Ariadne if people start to gossip about your appearance just ask to be excused" .....pause..... just thought you all should know this is the first day of school.....resume.... Tameka says but she tells me that every year.

"Oh its the poor center kid awe do you need some money" ''Shut up Sophie I don't need your pity money" I say confidently. "At least I still have my parents" Sophie says in the most unapologetic voice possible.

"Sophie Whitesburg, that is enough Adriane do you need to be excused" Mrs. Hampton says. "Yes" I say almost crying.

"Go ahead take all the time you need" Mrs. Hampton says

"Go ahead cry like a little bish this is 10th grade nigga. " "young mario be quiet" Mrs. Hampton says