I was checking an MMA site & since I was reading an article, I lost track of time for a bit. I saw it was five after three, on my phone, so I decided to call Demi. Her phone went straight to voicemail so I thought maybe she had turned it off while she was driving. I looked up when I heard the office door open & let out a frustrated sigh, when I saw it wasn't Demi. After a few minutes, I went to the receptionist to ask if Demi maybe checked in, already, but she hadn't. I decided to go down to the parking lot & see if she was there, or if even her car was there. 

I didn't find her car in the parking lot, so I called her again, since now it was almost 3:30 & she was officially fifteen minutes late for her appointment. My heart started to race when she didn't answer again. I had a feeling something was wrong. She would have called me if she was running late or she would have called me if something had come up, preventing her from being here. I was pacing, on the sidewalk, calling her phone, repeatedly. 

Finally, when it got to be 3:45 & she was still not here, I got in my car & started driving to Demi's work

Finally, when it got to be 3:45 & she was still not here, I got in my car & started driving to Demi's work. I knew that was the last place she was, so her co workers might know if she left & what time. 

As I drove, I kept my eyes open for Demi's car on the side of the road or in parking lots, just in case she had to stop somewhere. I was glad I didn't see an accident of any kind, because that thought crossed my mind, too. When I pulled into the parking lot of Demi's work, I looked to where she usually parked & her car wasn't there. I got out & made my way inside to go to her office, where I hoped her receptionist was.

Demi's receptionist, Angie, was behind her desk & smiled, looking confused when she saw me

Demi's receptionist, Angie, was behind her desk & smiled, looking confused when she saw me. "Nick. What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at your doctor's appointment?" She asked.

I leaned on the counter & nodded. "I was there, but Demi never showed up. Did you see her leave?"

"Yea. I watched her walk out the doors with a huge smile on her face. She was so excited to find out what sex the baby was going to be." Angie must have seen something flash in my eyes, because she frowned. "She didn't show up? That's what you said?" She asked & I nodded. "I don't understand."

"I even came here the way she would have driven there, to make sure she wasn't in an accident, on her way. No sign of her." I sighed, looking around, confusion clouding my brain.