Chapter Two

Logan Hurley:

The anxious haze began to clear as Andy turned sharply into the hospital parking lot.

Reporters surrounded the front entrance like vultures, the flash on their cameras illuminated the night.

Andy and I were swarmed as we made our way to the hospital entrance.

One of them shoved a microphone into my face. "Ms. Hurley, is there any news you can give us about your fiancé's accident?"

The waves of helplessness and anxiety washed over me once again. My brother pushed his way between the reporter and I.

"Back up." He said sternly, glaring at him.

"I'm just doing my job." The reporter argued, trying to look over Andy's shoulder.

Andy moved in front of him, blocking his view. "I said, back up." He repeated through gritted teeth.

The reporter looked Andy in the eyes, before backing down.

The rest of the reporters shuffled to the side, creating a path down the center and giving Andy a wide berth.

Andy wrapped an arm around my shoulder, leading me into the emergency room.

"Ms. Hurley." A nurse rushed up to me. "You're here for Mr. Stump."

I nodded, resting against Andy. "Is he- is okay?"

She nodded. "He's stable, still asleep, but you can go see him."

Andy squeezed my shoulder and together we followed the lady down the sterile, white, hall.

"He hit his head very hard and has a couple lacerations and some mild contusions." She said hurriedly, grabbing a clipboard from another doctor.

"But, he's gonna be ok right?" I asked again.

She nodded and stopped in front of a room. "He'll make a full recovery, we're keeping him in for a couple days for observation."

I sighed in relief. "Can I- can I see him right now?"

The nurse nodded and stepped aside.

Andy gave me an encouraging smile.

I pushed the door open slowly. "Patrick." I said softly.

He was still asleep, looking peaceful, despite the bruises that discolored his face. His mouth was open and his hair stuck up in little tufts.

"Oh 'Trick." I mumbled and walked towards him, my converse squeaked against the flooring.

Patrick stirred in his sleep and turned on his side.

Relief flooded me, he was okay. Everything really would go back to normal.

I ran my fingers over his face lightly and he groaned, opening his eyes.

The same pretty green eyes that had lit up every time they saw me, now looked at me without recognition.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" Patrick jolted away from me.

My smile faltered. "I'm your fiancé." I frowned.

He shook his head. "No, you're not Elisa."

Tears pricked the corner of my eyes. "Patrick, stop playing games."

The heart monitor beside the bed beeped louder as Patrick's heart rate increased. "I'm not playing games." He insisted. "I don't know who you are. I don't know why you're here." He paused. "Or why I'm here. Where is here? What happened?"

He looked around himself wildly, staring at his surroundings like a caged animal. "Where am I?"

"Y-you're in the hospital." I tried to explain in a soothing voice, but he continued to look at me with fear in his eyes.

"The hospital?" Patrick looked down at the IV needle in his arm. "Holy smokes."

"You had an accident 'Trick. I came here as soon as I heard. I thought you were dead." I took a couple steps towards him, almost throwing myself at him.

But he moved away from me, the same confused look on his face. He tried to get out of the bed and stumbled.

"Patrick." I rushed towards him, trying to help him.

He held his hand out towards me, leaning against the wall. "Leave me alone." He yelled, breaking my heart.

"Miss." The nurse grabbed my arm. "You have to leave, or we're gonna have to sedate him."

"But-"

"Logan." Andy said sternly. "Come on." He pulled my arm.

"Andy." I argued.

He shook his head. "Come on Lo', let's go." Andy pulled me out of the room.

As I left the room, I heard Patrick yell.

"You let some random fan in here?" He shouted at the nearest nurse. "Shouldn't you have better security?"

My brother pulled me into a deserted hallway.

"He didn't remember me." I said lifelessly. "He doesn't..."

"Logan, we didn't know that for sure." Andy said quietly.

I shook my head and leaned against the opposite wall. "Did you see the way he looked at me like I was a stranger?" I slid down the wall and hugged my knees to my chest. "And he remembered Elisa. He thought they were still together, after everything she did to him."

Andy sat beside me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "He'll remember Lo', there's no way anyone could forget you. Let alone Patrick."

I leaned my head on his shoulder as the dam holding my tears back broke.

"Sh." Andy said, wrapping his arms around me. "I know Lo', I know."

>>>>>>

Andy Hurley:

"How's she doing?" Joe asked, his voice crackling through the phone speaker.

I looked at my sister, who was curled up on my bed, under the blankets, clutching Patrick's shirt to her. "I finally got her to stop crying. And she fell asleep."

Joe sighed. "Any news on Patrick?"

I shook my head, forgetting that he couldn't see me. "Well, obviously he's got some memory loss. The doc doesn't know how bad or when it will return, if it returns." I added quietly.

"Those two were so disgustingly in love with each other that he won't completely forget about her." He said. "Anyways, if you need help I'm here for you."

I ran my hand through my hair and glanced at my younger sister. "Thanks man, I'm gonna need it."

Amnesia -Patrick Stump- जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें