Chapter One

Logan Stump:

The sound of water running woke me up that morning.

I groaned and rolled onto my side, pulling the warm blanket against my freezing body. The alarm clock on the bedside table read 7:00 AM, in bright red numbers, and despite the early hour, pale light was filling the room; the perks of winter mornings in Chicago.

Patrick walked out of the bathroom, wet hair clinging to his forehead and a towel wrapped around his waist. The engagement ring on his left hand glistened in the filtered sunlight.

He smiled when he saw me. "Good morning 'Lo."

"Morning 'Trick." I mumbled against the soft pillow.

"Did I wake you up?" He asked as he pulled on a black t-shirt. "I didn't mean to, I know you like to sleep in."

I shook my head. "It's ok babe." I sat up and ran my hands through my long auburn hair. "I'm assuming you're going into the studio today."

Patrick nodded. "Pete and I are writing, I already promised him." He finished changing and tossed the towel into the hamper. "Are you doing anything special?"

"Andy and I were going to hang out today." I got out of bed and walked over to Patrick.

He wrapped his arms around my waist. "You know, I'd be jealous of how much time you spent with him, if he wasn't your brother."

I rested my cheek against his chest. "Then I guess it's a good thing he is."

"Want me to drop you off on my way to the studio?" Patrick asked, running his hands over my sides.

I nodded. "That would be nice."

"Your wish is my command." Patrick's hands found their way to the front of my stomach. "How's our baby doing?"

"Well, the baby is still pretty small, so I can't feel it. But I think the baby is doing well." I informed him.

Patrick smiled. "Good, I can't wait to feel it kick for the first time."

"Well we've got a while until that happens babe." I smiled.

He leaned down a bit. "Hurry up and grow." He whispered to my small baby bump. "Cuz I can't wait to see you." Patrick kissed my bump and my cheek, making me smile wider.

I wrapped my arms around his neck. "You gotta get going soon huh?"

He nodded. "So I'll make breakfast while you get ready."

"Or we can eat on the go." I suggested. "I'm really feeling donuts from that vegan place on White Street."

"As you wish m'lady." Patrick pressed his lips to mine quickly. "I'll be waiting for you downstairs."

He hugged me to him quickly and grabbed his maroon cardigan, before going downstairs.

I picked up my phone from where it was charging on my dresser and texted Andy.

Fall Out Bro: Hey And, Patrick's dropping me off, be there soon

After raking a comb through my thick hair, and putting the least amount of effort into making myself look decent; I pulled on a pair of leggings, a tank top, and Patrick's leather jacket.

Patrick looked up from his phone as I bounded down the stairs.

"I'm ready to goooo." I sang as I pulled a water bottle from the fridge.

Patrick smiled and shook his head. "Come on babe." He stood up and grabbed his messenger bag.

I continued singing the song as I followed my fiancé to the car.