Chapter Eight

CHAPTER EIGHT

The Turnover

October 30, 2011. Sunday evening. Leianne left for Los Angeles with Mommy Farrah, Mommy Estela, Lola Laureana and Tita Adelle after attending the Oktoberfest with Geoffrey, his parents and her family.

Geoffrey, Daddy George and Ian all went back to Canyan aboard the limousine. They all stayed in Geoffrey’s penthouse and had a male bonding activity for the holidays.

Leianne and the rest went back by November 1, 2011.

Geoffrey and Leianne were able to pay their respects on the departed love ones of both Torres Clan and Villar Clan.

Leianne was introduced to the rich family history of the Torres Clan as they visited the Torres Mausoleum.

Later that evening, Leianne received a phone call from her father. They agreed to meet with the following day with the presence of their lawyers. Her father and her uncle were ready to give up their shares.

That same night, Geoffrey and Leianne stayed at his penthouse. His stay-out maid, Minerva wasn’t around. Antonio, Maximo, Wilfredo and Dionisio kept them company for security purposes.

Their mothers had already shopped for Leianne’s new wardrobe during their stay in Los Angeles. The packages were already delivered in his penthouse.

They had taken a hot bath together first after her father’s phone call. With her back resting on his chest as they dipped their naked bodies on the spacious bath tub, they talked.

“Daddy and Tito will give up their shares,” she informed him.

He replied, “That’s good. At least, we don’t need to worry anymore about the company. We just need to worry about the safety of your family.”

She entwined the fingers of both her hands with his. “I will still marry you even if the problem with the company will soon be settled.” She tilted her head to look at his face and kiss his lips. “You won’t lose me again, Geoff.”

He knew she had sensed his apprehension. “You had seen through my feelings once more.”

She confessed, “I don’t want to lose you either, Geoff.”

He kissed her lips then said, “I love you, Lei.”

She replied back, “I love you too, Geoff.”

He claimed her mouth for a much longer, deeper and hungrier kiss. “I had missed you so much when you were in Los Angeles.”

She smiled and responded, “I had missed you too.”

He told her teasingly, “Let’s now finish taking this bath so I can eat you up.”

Just as they were finished taking a bath and they were already on their bathrobes, they heard a gunshot.

Geoffrey immediately went to the main door of their bedroom and locked it. He also got his gun from the secret safety deposit box by the wall behind the LED TV opposite his king-size bed.

His mobile phone rang. It was a call from Dionisio.

Geoffrey asked for confirmation, “We heard gunshots. Are you all okay?”

Dionisio replied, “Yes, sir. Someone had leaked the security code of the main door, sir. We already subdued the perpetrators.”

Geoffrey instructed Dionisio, “Contact Minerva or her family. I have a bad feeling about this. Call the police as well as the head security officer of the building. Call my attorney as well so we can file the necessary criminal charge. We’ll go out of the bedroom after awhile.” He ended the call.