Chapter One ~the one where she built a wall~

Hey readers! This is my very first story and i hope you enjoy it as i enjoy writing it, I've tried a lot of times to publish a book here on wattpad and now here it is. Tell me what you think in the comments and don't forget to like and follow me if you like this book.
_______________
"Thank you everyone for coming." As soon as i said that i went down the podium and picked up 2 white roses and walked up to my parents. I can't believe this I'm all alone now. I have no one. My mother , father, they're gone. I placed the roses on top of their coffins and i walked away letting other people say their goodbyes. The reason why there's a lot of people, well my parents, they gave a lot of people what they have today. They would help anyone if they can and mind you, our company would be at the top if it weren't for those people we helped. Don't take it the bad way, we love helping other people because we started because of a help. My dad usually just run everything but now that he's gone I'll take over his place and start running this company.

My heart still aches from the wedding and now this, I don't know what'll do. Speaking of the wedding, well i was left at the altar..

"You look beautiful" my mom said as they admired me in my dress.
"We'll meet you downstairs honey" my dad kissed my forehead
My stylist still has finishing touches and I can't wait to get at the church. Me and Jonathan, we were together for 5 years and i was so happy when he proposed to me, the night of our anniversary.

"Wow she looks so beautiful" i heard whisper amongst the people as i walked down the aisle, Jonathan was there all sweaty and nervous, i smiled at him and he forced one. He never forced any of his smiles, why do i get this weird feeling? It must've been from this wedding or the food i ate earlier.

"Do you Victoria take Jonathan as your husband to have and to hold, in richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?" I squeezed his hand as i said with all of my heart "I do".

"Do you Jonathan  take Victoria as your husband to have and to hold, in richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?" He looks into the crowd and he looked at a particular lady as he said " I-i-i I don't, I'm sorry Victoria" He ran away with a pregnant woman as all of the people are in shock and to shocked to go after him.

After that day I swore i never felt so hurt and broken hearted until this day. After the ceremony, I just drove to places never stopping until i was almost out of gas and i went home. And yet after a year i went out with this guys named Markus and we hit it off we we're together for four years and he proposed but never showed up at the wedding, am i not a wife material? They keep on leaving me when the wedding comes.

I drowned myself in work and for a year I managed to get the company to the top. I always rejected to guys who tried to date me I'm in too much pain to start seeing anyone ever again.

"Ms. Bouvier, someone would like to see you" my secretary phoned me. They must be my client this afternoon. Instead i saw familiar blonde locks and realized it's my best friend Camille.

"Hey Tori, how you doing?" As she walked up to me and i hugged her. I haven't seen her for a long time and i missed her so much.
"Im fine! Oh my gosh how was you honeymoon?" She just got married to Leonard one of our friends. And they spent their honeymoon 2 months in Hawaii.
"It was great, everything was wonderful, Leo was just so beautiful" she exclaimed.

"So there's this ball coming up, would you like to come with me?" Oh no. That yearly ball that i was yearly invited that i yearly declined.
"No I don't want to go"
"Oh come on! Live a little. For the past year you're almost locked up at work i know you're really broken but come on and it's a masquerade no one will know who you are!" Camille insisted. She pulled that doggy look and that doesn't get to me unlike Leo. She pleaded and pleaded and pleaded "Ugh fine! I'll go, just stope whining"

"Yay! Okay." And just like that she went back to normal and we left to go get lunch.

This masquerade ball. What would i wear? Ugh I can't even if it wasn't for the shopping spree she promised I wouldn't have come. Those balls were boring to death it's just their way to get more partnership and stockholders.

Me and Camille spent the whole afternoon and evening together. We went shopping and we dropped what we shopped at home and went to a bar.

As we were taking a shot this guy came up to me and started flirting.
"Hey how you doing? I'm Max" he introduced
Camille nudged me to go talk to him. "Hey, cool. I'm Victoria" He winked at me as he pulled me to the dance floor. "What are you doing? I was getting a drink" i pulled away from him. "Hey you don't leave me. No one rejects me"
"Oh i just did" and left him.

I pulled Camille away from the bar after taking the shots we ordered.
"Woah woah woah i'll drive".
I woke up with a major headache. Sucks to be a lightweight.
I look at the time and it was almost noon. Then I remembered i have work!

I rushed to get ready and as soon as i sat in my office i got a lot of things to do.
I learned a lesson no drinking on a work day.