[1]

• Gewidmet My Honors English 2 teacher

COPYRIGHT © LINNYVAFER

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

[1]

     I remembered seeing the most beautiful pair of azure eyes.

     It belonged to a boy that wasn't so beautifully alluring nor did they belong to the most unprepossessing boy. Instead he was prosaic. In fact, he was banal. The way his hot-toffee hair was disheveled to the right and his fashion sense made it easy for him to intermix with the 'crowd'.

     And with his features as a whole, I was stupefied that his eyes caught me the first day I saw him.

     At that time, I couldn't help but chuckle. It was such an oxymoron. I secretly called him plain and even convinced myself that he was just another addition to classroom like a seat or a desk. And yet, I saw his wondrous blue orbs. Just like that, I forgot that he was ordinary. It was as though my brain rewired itself and it was as though I was staring at the clear water on the coast of Hawaii.

     I knew from the moment I saw him; I knew he had a special place in my heart.

     His smile shed light to my soul. In fact, his whole being made me feel like I was bathing in the sunlight.

     Oh, how love warpped everything.

     And oh, how love was my tragic flaw.

     Every day, I thought about it. If I wasn't so dysfunctional around him, maybe I might have noticed his hamartia.

     And because of that, I became nostalgic every time I saw the color blue.

     I only recalled remnants, but that was enough to quench the aching in my chest yet at the same time, it killed me.