Chapter 12: The Coffee Shop

Thank you so much FelinaAngelaPolmano for this amazing fanart!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I reach my dorm room and lay on my bed. After a few minutes of staring at the familiar patters of the ceiling, I hear a knock on the door. I get up and open it a crack to see who it is. On the other side of the door, stands Aido.

"What do you want?" I say, slightly annoyed but apologetic.

"Uhm, I wanted to say sorry," He starts as I open the door more for him to come inside.

"No, I should be the one apologizing, I shouldn't have just said that," I reply, and he looked surprised.

"I-It's ok, I deserved it," He says.

There is an awkward silence for a while, till he finally breaks it.

"Uh, so, so you want to go get some coffee? I know a good coffee shop nearby," He offers, and I accept with a nod. It's strange how even after I snap at him he can still ask me for coffee.

"Well, I'm gonna get ready, I'll meet you at the gates in 15 minutes," I tell him, and he walks out.

When he leaves, I root through my clothes to choose what to wear. We can't go in our school uniform, after all.

I decide on some fishnet tights, black shorts, a maroon button up with a black tie and matching maroon converse.

I walk into the bathroom and stare in the mirror for a while before actually doing anything. I brush my hair and put my mask in my back pocket, just in case.

When I think I'm ready, I head out the door to the front gates, where Aido is waiting for me.

He is wearing faded skinny jeans with black hight top converse and red flannel. He looks kinda cute.

"I feel like I overdressed to just get coffee," I laugh a little.

"No, you look beauti-.....er, I mean, you look nice," He stuttered. I roll my eyes.

"So where's this coffee shop?" I ask, changing the subject.

"Just down this road, and then a left, here, I'll show you," He tries to take my hand to lead me but I pull it away quickly.

"S-sorry, I'll just follow you,"

"Uh..ok," He starts walking and I follow him. We don't walk for long, 15 minutes at most. We reach the coffee place. It's a rather small place, surrounded by other small businesses and people trying to get places. Outside stands a sign reading the specials of the day.

We walk inside, a pleasant chime of a bell sounding as we open the door. The inside has a nice vintage feel to it, wood chairs and flooring, a pale green counter top and a display of baked goods. I've always wanted to try them, but they taste horrible.

Aido must have notice me looking around and smiled. We walked up to the counter and looked at the chalkboard with all of the coffee selection written on it.

"What do you want?" He asks, looking at me, then back to the chalkboard.

"Just regular old coffee, no creamer," I tell him.

"Ah, ok," He says.

"Can I help you?" The lady behind the counter asks, a little too cheerful. She has dark green eyes and has her dark brown hair tied up in a pony tail, covered by a black cap with the coffee shops name on it. Her green button up is covered by a black apron, which has her name on it. She is a ghoul, I can sense it, and she can sense me.

"Um, I will have the Caramel Mocha, and she will have Black Coffee," He tells her.

"Ok, take this and have a seat," She hands us a number and we go take a seat by the window.

When we sit down, there is a silence for a while. Aido finally says something after a while.

"So, why are you at our school?" He asks me.

"I don't know, I guess I wanted to have a change for a while, you know? A peaceful life where nobody knew who I really was. I guess I can never have that," I reply.

"Yeah, I know," he says.

"Here you are!" The waitress says as she hands us our coffee. I notice two cubes floating in my cup.

Aido must have noticed it too, because he said "Um, excuse me. She ordered nothing in her coffee,"

"No, Aido, its fine," I recognized the cubes all too well. We gave them to ghouls at Anteiku.

"Oh, ok," he says as we both take the first sip of our coffee.

"You were right, this coffee is great," I tell him as I take a few more sips.

"Yeah, I know," he smiles at me. I blush and roll my eyes.

"Aido!!!!" We hear a screech from the door. I look over and my stomach drops.

Hay guys.

I'm not dead don't worry :3

Thanks again @FelinaAngelaPolmano for the amazing fan art!

Bai

Natsuki Kireina (Tokyo Ghoul-Vampire Knight Crossover)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें