Chapter 17 - An Albino and A Mad-Eye

Start from the beginning

"I went to the owlery. Sent a letter to my parents." I lied but kept my 'It's the truth' tone. I wasn't in the mood for anything right now, keeping my vacant expression.

"Where was your owl?" Completely ignoring Parkinson's annoying presence, a voice spoke in my mind.

'...right... Draco?'

Those 2 words echoed through my head and I couldn't get it out. This isn't right. I have to get rid of her as soon as possible. She's a mu... I mentally sighed. She's a muggle and I'm a pure-blooded wizard. She's a Gryffindor and I'm a Slytherin. She's a bookworm and I'm a bully. I fancy her but she doesn't fancy me! She-

"Hey, did you know Hermione Granger is in the hospital wing today?" Interfering with my thoughts, I instantly but discreetly spun my head around as I heard her name, searching for the source of the 'talk'.

"What happened?" Finally, I found it. It came from the Slytherin table as well but they were a few students away from me. I listened intently, slightly tilting my head to the right as 2 Slytherin girls talked but started to lower their voices. Damn it.

"They said, last night... Potter opened the Egg... then they saw she was starting to look pale and weak... then she fainted and..." I didn't fully heard the conversation but I did heard the important ones.

"I gotta go." I said as I got up from my seat and walked out of the Great Hall. After a few minutes of walking, I grew impatient.

As I was about to pick up pace, I stopped in my tracks.

I wasn't really going to the Hospital wing, was I?

"I have to make up an excuse." I couldn't let anyone know I wanted to see her. It would be a disgrace to my house and also to my family.

An idea popped into my head. "Maybe I could injure myself." After quick review of spells to wound myself, I finally picked one to use. I stopped for a second to take a look if anyone was around and to my luck, I was good to go.

I couldn't believe myself. Was I really going to do this? I'm going mental.

Without further hesitation, I whipped out my wand, pointed it on my left eye and did the Conjunctivitis Curse.

And mate, did I regret doing that. All of a sudden, I felt nervous and scared. What if this doesn't get cured? I let go of my wand as it fell to the floor. I should've just used the Leg Lock Curse. This is probably the dumbest thing I've ever done in my whole life.

I got down on my knees as covered my eye with my left hand and groaned in pain. It was stinging and it bloody hurts. I felt tears running down my cheek which I quickly wiped away using my left sleeve of the robe.

"What the hell. Why did I not think of that? I'm so stupid." I mumbled pertaining to the Leg Lock Curse as I groped the floor for my wand. But then I remembered, "Oh right, it was easy to use the counter spell."

The moment I got hold of my wand, I immediately ran and made my way to the Hospital Wing.

What will I say to Madam Pomfrey when she asks what happened to me? This is a stupid idea. Maybe I should just go back.

When the entrance to the Hospital Wing appeared before my eyes, I slowed down. I got a peek of from what it seemed to be like legs covered in a blanket on bed. A smallbsigh of relief escaped from my lips. I hope it's her.

I took a few steps closer to the entrance, but to my dismay, it wasn't. It was a Ravenclaw student. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. What she if wasn't here and that this was all for nothing?

"Mr. Malfoy! What happened to you?!" A female voice lingered the corridors as Madam Pomfrey saw me.

"Ummm..." I didn't know where to start. I removed my hand from my eye and showed her. There was a sharp gasp from the old woman.