"I'll only be a moment," Silas replied as he walked from the cell.

I watched the unconscious man lazily, my sword still pointed in his direction as I waited for Silas to return.

He returned a short time later with two buckets in his hand. I opened the door for him and he stepped inside.

Glancing down, I saw that water sloshed in one of his buckets. In the other were two flashlights, a package of blood, and a handful of daggers.

I remained where I was as Silas picked up the bucket of water. He looked at me for a final approval. I nodded and he poured the entirety of the bucket onto the man's head.

His reddish brown eyes flew open and he lurched upright, jerking his hands and feet against his binds. He soon found it to be no use trying to break free. He stopped, his jaw clenched, refusing to look at either of us.

Silas and I now both held our swords towards him.

Without warning, the man started to chuckle. It was a low, very dark sound. Silas and I shot each other a skeptic glance before returning our attention to the rogue.

His jet black hair clung to his forehead as he smiled up at me, "I have to admit, I wasn't expecting her to come after me again."

I clenched my jaw. I didn't want him talking about my sister, "Neither was I."

His cruel eyes assessed me, finally coming to land on the point that hovered inches from his face. He only grinned wider, baring his pointed canines to both of us. That same chuckle vibrated deep in his chest.

I pressed my sword against his throat and the sound stopped. His grin didn't disappear, however, and his eyes held mine threateningly.

"Who are you?" I demanded, my voice remained steady under his uncomfortable stare, "Who are you working for?"

His eyes never left me as he smirked and taunted me like a child, "That's for me to know, and you to not."

I growled and pressed harder.

"Go ahead, kill me," he continued smiling, "You'll be doing me a favor."

My jaw clenched again and I lowered my weapon, "Oh believe me, I will kill you, but not before I get answers."

The rogue only smirked, his eyes flitting between Silas and I, "What makes you think I have answers?"

I rolled my eyes and reached into the bucket. Pulling out one of the flashlights, I pointed it at the man and flicked it on. The vampire hissed and turned his face away from the light.

It may not be the sun, but it was still bright and painful to our kind. The Holy Water only intensified the pain for him.

I turned it off after a few moments and the rogue turned back to me with a curious look in his eye.

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way," I stated simply, "Either you give me the answers I ask of you and you die quickly and painlessly, or I torture the answers out of you and you die a slow and painful death."

He raised a brow at me and blinked a few times.

"Your choice," I smiled at him.

I watched as he broke out in a smirk again, "I have a proposition for you, Eric," he spoke confidently.

My eyebrows furrowed, "How do you know my name?"

"I know a lot of things," His voice squeaked a little through his grin, like he was revealing the funniest thing in the world. I glared at him as he cleared his throat to continue, "I won't reveal anything to either you, or your buddy Silas there," he jerked his head in Silas's direction.
I narrowed my eyes at him, but he continued, unfazed, "In fact, I'll only reveal anything to one person," he smirked again.

I closed my eyes, inhaling a calming breath before releasing it in a heavy sigh. Without opening my eyes, I spoke, "Who?"

Who was I kidding? I already knew the answer.

His eyes locked with mine and he sent me a disgusting grin, "Aria," he licked his lips a little as he stared at me.

I growled in pure anger, "I should kill you right now!"

Silas held me back as I pulled towards the man, intent on ripping his head from his shoulders. He only chuckled in response.

"Why don't you, then?" he yelled back at me, "It seems to be the only thing you're good for!"

I growled again before ripping open the cell door and storming out.

"These are my terms, Eric! If you want any information, there will be no negotiating them!"

I slammed the door closed behind me and flew up the stairs. I rushed past several clan members before finding myself standing at the door to my chambers. I quickly stepped inside and attempted to cool myself down. It would do no good for anybody if I let my temper get ahold of me again.

I turned around and slammed my fist into the door. The sound echoed around the empty space.

I closed my eyes and concentrated on calming myself down. Whenever I got angry or excited, my breathing and heartbeat would kick back in. I concentrated on slowing both my breath and my heart.

I could feel the foreign pulse pounding in the veins of my neck and in my temples. I disliked the abnormal pressure that squeezed at my skull.

I clenched my jaw and focused even harder.

Eventually it stopped. My blood cooled and became stagnant once more, and air stopped filling my lungs.

I blinked for a bit before opening my door once again. I walked out and moved hurriedly to find my uncle.

______________________________

Hey guys! Megan here! I'm getting really excited about this new book. I hope you guys enjoy it! Let me know what you think and happy reading to you all!

Next up is another chapter by Kristine (Aria). My next chapter will be number 6. Enjoy!