“On track people.” Grey-Hawk reminded them. “We haven’t got the time to bicker over trivial things. Shit's going to hit the fan tonight and we need to be prepared.” No one could fault his reasoning.

Amy turned to her… kin… she had always had trouble trying to explain how Ancients interacted; some couldn’t stand being in the same room with each other for even short periods of time, while others got along like a house on fire. The best term she had come up with was kin; they were the closest thing she had to an extended family, to aunts and uncles that she could call her own. Although the three women before her were more like sisters than aunts, they shared an easy comradeship that could only be compared to the Merlins.

“We need your help.” Cass stated simply.

“We gathered that…” Boadicea said sarcastically.

Shannon grinned, amused that Boadicea was as feisty as her reputation had indicated; she could see her fitting in with the four close alpha females. “We need you to go and get those who are loyal to Mayhem and do your Ancient thing and move them instantly somewhere far away, them and their things.”

Many Alphas leant back in their chairs; they sometimes wondered why Amy included them at all when she, Shannon, Becky and Cass could take care of everything without them. They knew however that even if they didn’t contribute to the conversation and the plans, they liked to know what was going on and have the chance to add something or ask something if they thought it was going to be neglected.

“How do you want us to proceed?” Cleopatra asked, showing the calmness of years of ruling and making tactical decisions based on information, as well as the willingness of taking another's lead and going with it.

Shia sat forward, “I’ve already got the ball rolling,” He informed her, “Mayhem’s second, Jesse, I called him and told him we had Mayhem and that the Alpha’s had allowed the split but that we have to do it now, and secretly. He has passed word to those who are loyal to her and they are getting ready to flee. I also told him that some Ancients would be coming to make their departure instant and a lot safer.”

Mayhem was frowning, “Jesse… Jesse Mace. John Mace’s son is my second?” She asked surprised, John was her father’s second and Jesse was the only other immortal in her pride. A master enforcer, he was in charge of all of the enforcers and investigators but to Mayhem, he was the person who had given her piggyback rides and took care of her grazes while she was growing up.

Shia nodded. “Yes, he has also been acting as spokesperson for your cause.”

“So basically you want us to be go betweens.” Guinevere asked.

Amy turned to her. “It’s a bit more complicated than that, I don’t have the time to get into it at the moment but simply, her father sold her into slavery to keep control of his pride, she was twelve, her pack had split; half siding with Mayhem the true alpha, the other half supported her father and his chosen alpha. He will attempt to stop them, attempt to take her out to keep in control, if we don’t do it this way a war will break out and people will get hurt. This way we can get them away cleanly and keep them hidden until we are ready to prosecute Darrel for his crimes.”