Chapter 7

©CRGangell aka Whitesabretooth

Chapter 7

Alanna tossed in her bed, not being able to sleep. She kicked the covers off and took a deep breath. Her mind kept dwelling on what Jewel had told her that morning. She never would have guessed that Jewel had been abused judging from what she saw when Jewel was with other men and with Travis. No fear or defensiveness, she thought, bemused and a little envious, wishing she could be that uninhibited. She also longed for the day she could laugh and joke with the men who watched her practise her craft avidly, hoping to learn how she fought, but she simply couldn't let her guard down for that.

She sat up and rubbed her face wondering why she couldn't sleep. Part of the reason she knew was she couldn't seem to get pass Jewel's story but that wasn't the major reason; she knew her wolf had a hand in this as well. She closed her eyes and focused for a moment. Her wolf responded to the silent call and padded forward in her mind. They both appeared in the darkness, the place were woman and beast fought for supremacy of the body in which both inhabited. It was also the place were both minds could talk to each other. She barred her teeth at her human, her hackles up, she was not happy at her human half.

What's wrong, why won't you let me sleep? She asked the wolf.

She didn't respond… she just growled. Alanna watched her wolf, confused, what's wrong? Do you want to run? We are going for one tomorrow, she said trying to pacify her wolf.

She cocked her head for a moment then lunged and landed on her human. Alanna didn't fight or struggle against her wolf; there was no need. She just wanted to make her human side understand. The Wolf growled and filled her mind with mating and Tarval, telling her that she was done waiting for her human side to get comfortable. She wanted to claim him NOW before someone else tried to take him. As a human, Alanna was normally timid around others but that was because she still had ingrained fears. However, the wolf was never timid when it came to her own needs… not since she was freed and allowed to thrive. She wanted Tarval, her human wanted Tarval, she didn't understand emotional scars and why her human side was taking so long to claim their mate.

The wolf released her and backed away into her darkness, having made her point to her human self as Alanna opened her eyes. Her green eyes scanned the room for a moment before deciding on the course of action. Then she got off her bed and left her room. She walked silently down the hall, taking the right turns to get to where she wanted to go. She didn't bother to knock, just gently opened the door and was glad it wasn't locked. She closed the door behind her gently, making almost no sound and locked it with a soft click.

She approached the bed quietly, taking a deep breath to calm herself and slid her nightshirt off, letting it fall to the ground. Fear raced through her as she contemplated what she was about to do. She, however, felt her body stir, her heart quicken and heat pool beneath her skin. Guess my body has already decided for me, she thought wryly. She lifted the covers and slipped in before she lost her nerve and ran from the room naked.

Tarval felt the movement of the bed and he instantly went on alert, his hand brushed a glowing crystal set into the bed head that shed gentle light around the room. He blinked, for a moment wondering if he was still dreaming. I am not seeing what I think I'm seeing... am I? He thought to himself with a little shake of his head.