Chapter Two

• Dedicated to Elena, My own personal Seana to watch out for me.

Comment-Read-Vote

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My mind was disconnected from my body as I floated in and out of darkness.  I could feel my body laying down on the floor, limbs a jumble, with my face resting against the cool tile of our entranceway, but I could not move. Instead of seeing the people gathering around me, I could feel them all move closer, only one specifically out of worry.

"Lily! Oh no, oh no, oh no..." Seanna's voice was the first sound to reach me while I floated, sounding close to tears. "Are you okay?" Tap twice on my hand yes, once no. I heard her thoughts in my mind, and I tapped once as a truthful response, then added a second one after a moments hesitation. Seanna tended to freakout in overly stressful situations, and I did not want this to be one of those moments. I heard her sigh in what I think is relief, and then my fathers voice came into focus.

"She has always been a klutz, I am so very sorry.", my father said. I could hear his anger at my embarrassment leak into his voice. There would be hell to pay later when there wasn't company.

Wait...who else is here? I thought, but then felt the presence of another person's energy begin to suffocate my mind. Oh no... 

Oh yes, my dear. I hear a male voice say, flowing through my head like a cold stream, and bringing me more towards consciousness. The voice was a mixture of sharp confidence with an undertone of something I can only define as power. Pure power that I could feel was being kept in check below the surface of his mind.

 I am so shocked to hear somebody respond to my thoughts that I begin to shake in their arms. Slowly I begin to regain control over my muscles as I get closer to the surface of consciousness, and the sensation brings goosebumps to my skin. I am here to escort you. Wake up and come peacefully, I do not want to be here either.

 How was he able to respond to me, can he read minds? Does he know-  NO! I cut my thoughts in their tracks, and work to make my entire mind a blank sheet. I could no longer think these thoughts while he was present, they were no longer safe. One thing I had not counted on was how difficult it was to completely stop thinking. I've never done this before, Seanna and I have never had to- DAMN IT. I pushed again to keep my focus and stop my dangerous thoughts. Maybe instead of trying to think of nothing, I should focus on thinking one specific thing? I quickly started concentrating on thinking of different ways I could spell the word bologna. 

B-A-L-O-N-E-Y

B-E-L-L-O-N-Y

B- my thought process was halted by the invading male voice. 

Your secret's are safe with me, darling he soothed. 

Get out of my head! I shouted, my fear and frustration growing. 

The pressure of two individual's thoughts battling within my head was causing my head to feel like it was going to explode, again. As the pressure grew and grew, I knew I had to do something fast. Sensing he was kneeling close to me, I had just enough energy to reach my hand up and slap him across the face. Everyone in the room gasped when my palm made contact with his cheek hard enough to make a sharp cracking sound. I heard him curse under his breath in fury as he stood up. Being away from him, if even only a few extra feet, gave me enough clarity to piece myself together slightly. 

Bitch! You are going to pay for that. I heard his thoughts hiss at me. He was extremely pissed off at being treating like the arrogant jerk he was, but his anger made his power fuel up. Before it had been safely tucked away, but now I could feel it churning within him. Desperate to be released. Whoever he was, I could tell he was dangerous, and at this moment he was murderous.