Love is stronger than pride

Chapter 1

Today is a very special day, I'm getting married.

I woke up early in the morning feeling tired and dizzy. I'm not a typical morning person but I also didn't sleep well last night which is pretty normal for any bride to be.

I noticed that I wasn't alone in the room, my best friend Maria was there along with my future sister in-law Lilly, "Shine and rise princess, your big day has arrived!"

"Oh Maria I just want to go back to sleep" Lilly approaches me and pulled the sheets away from my bed, "Come on sleepy-head, we need to get you ready to dazzle my brother" "We both know that is not going to happen" I said with a snobbish smile while I was pushing myself out of bed.

"A girl can only hope my sweet Lana, now the hairdresser and the makeup artist are both waiting for you in the other room I suggest you take a long bath while I go with Maria to get your beautiful dress ready"

" That sounds great" I said then I headed towards the luxurious bathroom in my room.

After I finished taking the bath with warm water and Japanese oils I covered myself with a white satin towel and just when I was going to exist the bathroom I took a quick look at myself in the mirror . Young woman with a soft Latina skin, brown hair and eyes; She was beautiful, but it didn't matter anymore because today she is saying goodbye to every chance of finding true and lasting love.

If someone heard out loud what I was thinking he wouldn't understand my resentment, after all I'm marrying the most illegible bachelor nowadays. No kidding, he has it all with his dark brown hair, amazing blue eyes that reminds you of the ocean at sunset and as his looks weren't enough he is a billionaire and he is thirty.

While I was busy with my thoughts I felt a hand pulling me out of the bathroom.

"Lana, you are impossible! I told you we were in a hurry."

"Why don't you try and marry a man who refuses to look at you and calls you a disgusting creature, then let's see how exited you will be for your weeding day!"

"Oh sweet heart" she said that while she was hugging me "Just remember why you are doing this and you will make it through the day" "and plus you won't have to see him at all after your weeding you will move on with your ordinary life like nothing had ever happened you will only be millions dollars richer"

"That sounds cheesy I'm not craving for his money and it looks like I'm going to join the fun club of the virgin queen not sleeping with a man for the rest of my life since my Fiancé and soon to be husband thinks I'm an escaping Monkey "

"oh course you are not my dear Lana, and for God sakes stop being so grumpy".

After that short conversation we went to a big room that looks like a professional salon where I had my hair and makeup done. I have to admit, I looked really beautiful.

Then it was time to put on my white dress, I was dazzled when I first saw it, VIRA WANG can really make beautiful dresses. I stood in front of the big mirror admiring it but I was interrupted when two gorgeous little girls aged seven and four entered the room. They were like little angles with their white cute dresses.

And they were my future stepdaughters.