"Will she fight in the battles alongside you like other Lunas and packmates do?" Gale kept his face blank, eyes trained ahead at me before he acknowledged the ones growling at him. "Staying safe and leaving it to others doesn't seem to be our Luna's style. What will you do then, if someone challenged her?"

I had thought of this before, but still had no answer to best give. Though our bodies were adapting to one another, Emily's more so to mine - Emily would never be able to fully shift into a werewolf. Her age would slow - maybe almost even halt, but never stop. She would be stronger too, could endurance more than other humans. She was already using the mind communications better than I had expected and was speaking to others like Gale already.

Gale took my silence as his answer and nodded his head once. He won this small insignificant battle.

We sat in silence for the rest of the ride, contemplating what the unknown future could look like. It was late when Emily and I had gotten back, the Alpha in me needing to see the others off before I would take Emily back with me. That and I didn't want my evening interrupted by any of them if I didn't take care of them now. The car slowed to a halt before we dropped Gale off with Dameon who waited outside one of our pack houses. I had informed him about what had happened. Brooklyn and James descended the car as well, wanting to catch up with Dameon before they made it back to their guest room.

When it was our turn, Emily stirred awake for a moment as I lifted her, realizing that she was being carried by me back into the house before she dozed on my shoulder. I held her shoes in my other hand. I took my time walking with her, basking in every moment I could hold her like this. We took the stairs gently, my hand against the side of her face to keep her still next to me.

Entering my room, my first task of the night was to restrain my wants and get Emily to sleep. I laid her on the bed, bringing the sheet to cover her body for a moment while I changed clothes. I wondered if her face would redden if she were to wake up and I was only in my underwear next to her, the sight very tempting to see.

After slipping on a pair of shorts, I debated on whether I should do the same for Emily, wondering if the clothes she were in would be uncomfortable to sleep it. Surely it would wake her during the night and bother her.

I decided to get my way a little bit and dress her in my shirt for the night. She wouldn't cringe at the thought of wearing something of mine if she were asleep.

I slipped her shirt off as easily as it could be done, my ears listening for the sound of her pulse to increase to indicate that she was waking. She hadn't stirred.

I didn't know if I could handle seeing all of her undressed at one time, her under attire being left on of course because I had respect for her and knew she wouldn't like it. Even so, as I dressed her in my shirt my eyes couldn't help but be drawn to the sight of her exposed skin. This was the view I have to earn, only for me to see. Emily's glorious body waited for my touch - All of her did. She naturally called out to me and even more so in her sleep when she wasn't fighting the urges all the time. Once successfully dressing her in my larger shirt, her body began to relax more.
I had to close my eyes and hold my breath in order to take her leggings off.

Looking down at her foot, I removed the wrap loosely bundled around her ankle and pressed my fingers against her skin. I sat with her for a moment more, focusing my powers to heal a little bit more of her before I collapsed in sleep beside her. She hadn't woken by the time I was finished.

Taking my spot in bed next to her, I shifted a little closer to her so that she could feel my body heat and I could play with the few strands of hair near me. I hadn't expected her to move even closer towards me, our hands nearly touching now. I pulled the blanket over our bodies, no worried that she may get too hot with me so close. I couldn't really help the body heat, between dog and the power of Hell fire coursing through my veins.