Chapter One: I Miss You

Chapter One

I stand in the cemetery, looking at the grave.

Sadie Rose Wence

5/6/1995-10/30/13

Mother, Sister, Friend

I kneel next to the grave, smiling slightly.

"Hey babe. I got something for you," I say, taking the small ring box out of my pocket.

"I've always wanted to give this to you, babe. I never got to so I'll give you it now," I say, opening the ring box and setting it next to her headstone.

"Will you marry me?" I whisper, leaning back on my feet. My eyes start to well with tears, the hot water falling in drips down my face.

"I miss you so much," I say, my voice cracking. The wind howled as I start to cry harder. I loved Sadie so much.

(FLASHBACK)

I walked into my classroom, sitting next to a really pretty girl. She was my age, 14 about. I'm 15 now. She was so pretty, blonde hair and green eyes. She looked at me and smiled. I smiled back as she blushed a red color. I've always hated the 9th grade, ever since I got here. She smiles again at me as I keep staring.

Has she been here but have I not noticed her?

"Hey," I say, looking at her. She smiles wider.

"Hi," she says, her voice angelic, flowing like a rivers soft stream.

"What's your name?" I ask. She blushes.

"Sadie," she said smiling. I smile too.

"I'm Mat," I say, sticking out my hand for her to shake. She smiles wider yet as she takes my hand, shaking it.

"Say, let's get outta here," I whisper. She nods, the same smile plastered on her face. I take her hand, getting up and walking out of the classroom. We quickly ran out of the school before anyone could see us.

We ran to the park, sitting next to each other on the swings, still holding hands. She smiled at me.

"This is crazy Mat," she said, shaking her head still smiling.

"I know. I've gone to the same school as you for how many years and I haven't ever noticed you?" I ask. She laughs.

"Kindergarten. I was the one with the thick glasses," she said, pointing at her eyes.

"You were Geeky Sadie? Wow, you certainly aren't geeky anymore," I say. She smiles.

"Thanks," she said. I stood up, pulling her up with me. I pulled her in.

"I wouldn't have this moment any other way, Sadie," I say, leaning in. She smiles as she leans in as well. Our lips touch and I felt the sparks fly.

(PRESENT)

I drove home, my eyes watering because she was gone and I couldn't do anything. I park my car in the driveway and walk inside to see Dustin and Reegan.

"Thanks kid for watching her," I say, giving him a 20. He smiled and walked out the door. I looked at Reegan.

"Hey kiddo," I say. She looks up at me and hugs my leg, smiling.

"Hi daddy," she says. I pick her up.

"Want to Skype with Graham and Adam?" I ask the little girl. She smiles a toothy grin and nods. I bring the two of us to my computer, turning on Skype. She scrolls to Adam's name and clicks on it, ringing him up. Graham's face shows up.

"REEGAN!" he yelled. Reegan laughs.

"Hi Graham!" she says. Adam comes into the picture.

"Oh hi Mat, Reegan," he said. He smiled at his son as Reegan and him do a little dance from either side of the call. I laugh as Reegan gets up and starts shaking her butt.

"Reegan what are you doing?" I ask.

"I'm twerking daddy!" she says. My jaw drops as Adam bursts out laughing.

"Oh God! You have a Miley Cyrus in your house!" he said laughing. I start laughing as Reegan sits back down.

"What?" she asks. I shake my head.

"You're mom would be proud," I say, wiping away a tear of laughter and sorrow. She smiles.

"I know Daddy. I know."