I Will Protect You

Surrounded by crowds... My phone rang, Adrian's name came up in the display. No... I dont feel like talking to anybody right now. I quickly hung up the phone. However it kept ringing again and again, so I had no choice but to answer him.

"Hello?"

"Frayco! Finally, you answered, he showed up here just now, I told him... About our plan.."

"You mean... You told him that I asked you about our plan, so that I would break up with Ryou?"

"Yes... He was desparate trying to find you." He sounded sad. "So, I couldnt lie to him, and told him that you really loved me."

"I see... Im sorry for causing you all this trouble, but... Where's Ryou?"

"He ran off to look for you." He sounded emotionless. "Where are you now?"

"I dont know... I walked here without thinking... Maybe, Shibuya... Uh... I see a big screen on the street."

"Saji, shes in Shibuya, by the screen on the street."

"What?" I could tell that Adrian was speaking to someone, and he said 'Saji.' Oh no... "Wait, Adrian! Is Ryou there?!"

"Give me your phone." I heard a voice through the phone, and its not Adrian, and obviously doesnt sound happy. "Hey! Alexis!"

"Ryou..."

"What do you want me to do with those divorce papers?!"

I knew he was talking about the envelope I left on the table this morning, I left the papers with my signature on the envelope. 'When I finish paying you back... Or so, we agreed, if you find someone you love, please sign this papers.'

That was the letter that went with them.

"I guess... -"

"After asking you to marry me... You suddenly want to divorce? Are you crazy..!?"

"You the envelope." I said in assurance."

"Im asking, whats going on?"

"I thought about breaking up with you! I just... If I stay with you, I will just cause trouble, Im afraid your career will-" I said in a cracky tone of voice, tears falling down. "Get real! My career would never get over like that! I will protect you, Jatsuki, and my career! So, please.... Dont leave me!" He said without hesitation, I could tell his in pain, he doesnt want me to leave. Even in the phone, I could sense Ryou's ragged emotions from the bitternessin his voice.

"Are you going to refuse my marriage proposal? Im not going to accept that!... Alexis, you are mine... Since the moment you saved me from the river!"

"Ryou."

"Anyway, what are you doing in Shibuya? Dont hang around at that kind of place! Im coming right now, stay there, and dont move!"

"Okay I'll wait for you here, not because you told me to, its because I want to. I will wait for you, Ryou."

We ended the call, but Ryou's singing voice could still be heard across the city. I walked into the intersection at Shibuya. There are so many people here, is he really okay coming here? Or, would make it so nobody could recognize him, I went to the side of the street, and found a face where Ryou would be able to find me easily.

While standing under some trees alone the street, a little away from the light, my phone rang.

"Where are you now?" Ryou said.

"Im at the trees, away from the intersection."

"Huh... I've never had anybody, except you, to ask me to come to such a risky place with so many people."

"Im sorry..."

"If it wasnt for you, I woulf never come here. Even if Jatsuki asks, I wouldnt come here. You special to me..."

"Ryou..." I smiled at his sentence. Then, I saw Ryou looking around, a little away from me, holding his phone at hand. "Ah... There you are, Ryou."

"Huh? Oh..." Ryou looked at me. We gazed at each other.... As if nobody was there except us.

"Alexis!"

"Ryou..!"

We tried getting near to each other, but people between us blocked us from doing so, and then someone in the crowd recognized Ryou.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~