Chapter 1 ~Awakening

I slowly opened my eyes and yawn , a bright light beams through the top of the glass box and directly into my face . I put my hands to the lid of the confinement , and push with force , eager to stretch my legs from the sleep of a thousand years . The lid of the glass box slides to the the floor and shatters , I sit up and look around everything in the room lays untouched , just as it was when I left . I stand up and step out of the glass box . I immediately fell to the floor , I realized I hadn't the use of my legs for so long that walking , let alone standing would be a problem . I stand again this time leaning on the walk closest to me , making my way to the door .
I turn the corner into the familiar hallway, that led down stairs , I was headed for the kitchen . All that sleeping has led me to have quite the appetite . I rummaged threw the refrigerator for something to eat , I found a jar of jam and a loaf of bread , which I devoured hungrily . I turned around to find Morris my personal head chef , staring at me in disbelief like he'd seen a ghost . He ran towards me and hugged me tightly " My queen your back "he exclaimed happily . I gave him a soft smile , although in reality I was hoping for a moment by myself, I was glad to see his familiar face again . I finished eating and waved Morris a farewell " I suppose he is going to tell the others of his discovery " I thought.
I walked to my study and sat down . I grabbed a small silver bell and ring it , as I look over my desk at all the paper work and annoncument letters , that had seem to pile up while I was suspended . A small maid appears and bows . She has long brown hair , and a curvy figure , dark purple eyes , and a gorgeous smile . " I've see you've returned mistress ", she said in a cheery voice " good to see you again Edith ". I say politely trying to be nice to these ... How do you put this ...lower life forms . I'm not surprise they missed me , I mean honestly what's not to miss . " what is it that you called for , my lady ", Edith says . " I would like you to fetch me a carriage ". I say in a stately tone . Edith nods ", yes mistress I'll have it ready for you in the front drive ". With this Edith walks away , and I go back to doing my paperwork .
Shortly after she arrives announcing that my carriage has been prepared . I get up and walk passed her , down the stairs and out the front door . Edmund , my butler opens the door and gets on top of the carriage . Slowly but surely we begin to move faster until we are at a moderate pace . I glance out of the window , " The terrain hasn't change much " , I mumble to myself , admiring the view . We stop in the middle of the capital of one of the small cities , in the 6 districts of my kingdoms, Hwitloc . As I exit the carriage all the villagers gather around me and bow , as I place my self on a stool and wait for everyone's attention . As I do so I twirl a piece of my blond hair .

When everyone is silent I begin to speak , " I , Queen Esmeralda , has awoken from my a thousand year sleep , to once again rule my kingdom . I know you do not love me , nor trust me , but I promise I am a changed person . And to show you such kindness , you will not be obligated to pay your taxes this month . " A few people in the crowd start to clap , until soon the whole crowd is in an up roar , as they begin to smile and dance around me , I walk from the center of the city , and in a tasiterm voice I whisper to Edmund , " I regret this decision fully , and I blame you for it ", " Why my mistress ". He says acting as if he was oblivious to what I was saying . I roll my eyes at him , and I get back into the carriage and onto the next city .
For the next week we traveled to the capitals of each of my cities and spoke , it felt like I was rehearsing the same thing over and , over again , finally we had stop at the last city , Kaerae , and as soon as I was done with my speech we headed home , quicker then it had took us to arrive . When we had arrived back home safe and sound , are weariness and fatigue kicked in . I light headedly walk up the stairs, into my room, trying my hardest not to just pass out were I stood . I changed and hurriedly jump into bed to sleep once more .