Fireworks: FF

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Rey stood on her head, lifting the rock above her feet. "That's it... Higher!" Luke coaxed. She used the force to lift the rock higher. When she was just about to lift it even higher, she felt something. She didn't know what it was, but she knew she had to get back to the base. It wasn't bad, but she knew it was urgent.

"Luke, I need to go. I'm sorry." Rey dropped the rock and stood back up again. She put her hand on her forehead, suffering a mild head rush.

Luke knew something was happening. He nodded his head and waved his hand in the direction of the Millennium Falcon. Rey nodded back and darted in that direction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Climbing out of the Falcon, she ran inside the base. Why? She didn't really know. Something seemed to be guiding her. She kept running. She didn't even talk to anyone. When you're in such a hurry as she is for no clear reason, you kinda want to find out why.

Not losing speed, she found herself moving towards the infirmary. Finn. What's wrong? She started moving even faster.

"Hi, Rey! Right down the hall." A nurse in the infirmary smiled. Rey returned the smile, only slightly slowing down. She ran right in the direction of Finn's room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A thought ran through her head as she navigated through the hallway. What if he was awake? That thought alone made her stop in her tracks. A dozen more thoughts ran through her mind. What would she say to him? Would he know that she kissed him on the forehead? Would he remember anything? Would he remember her?

Rey shook her head, as if the thoughts would fly out of her ears. She started walking the few more steps to reach Finn's door. She took a deep breath, and pressed the button to open the door.

There he was, sitting up in his bed. 'He's awake. He's awake!' Rey's mind squealed and she started smiling. Tears filled the corners of her eyes. 'He's okay!'

The sight of her best friend made her stand in place. She didn't even say anything. She didn't move. Her mind wasn't doing anything besides celebrating the sight of Finn awake. When Finn heard the noise of the door opening, he turned around. And he, also, was in shock and in awe in her presence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Rey!" Finn stood up and ran right over to her. He didn't even care anymore. He hadn't seen her in a whole month, and that month was too long already.

"Finn!" Rey cried and embraced her best friend. He returned the hug and wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

After staying in that same position for what seemed like forever, Finn pulled away and looked into her eyes. "Rey! Are you okay?!"

A confused expression came over Rey's face. "W-What? Finn, you've been in a coma for a month. Why are you asking me if I'm okay?"

Finn took a deep breath, making sure not to break his gaze with Rey. "Rey, when he sliced my back, the scariest thought ran my mind in my last few seconds of consciousness. You were going to have to face Kylo; alone. I couldn't stop thinking about you while I was in my coma. I had some dreams, some where you were okay, and some, you weren't. They terrified me. Lord knows what I would have done if you turned out like, like I did. I never knew that you could care about someone as much as I care about you. I never knew what love really was, but I think--no, I know-- that I-I, I love you." Finn finally took a breath after his whole long speech.

Rey could feel the tears streaming down her cheeks. He loved her? Someone finally loved her?

Finn looked into Rey's beautiful, hazel eyes. He took his hand off of her shoulder and placed it on her cheek, wiping one of her tears with his thumb. He took yet, another, deep breath and leaned in. When their lips were just inches apart, he stopped. Fear, once again, came over him. What if she didn't like him that way?

As if to answer his silent question, Rey inched up on her tiptoes and completed the distance between her and Finn. As her lips touch his, fireworks are instantly shot through her body. This must have been what love felt like.

Finn was beyond overjoyed by this. He immediately kissed back and felt his whole body explode in celebration. She likes him! She really likes him!

When they finally pulled away from the magical kiss, Finn immediately let out one of his "WHOOOO!"'s. He started jumping in place. When he realized Rey was staring at him, giggling, he stopped, embarrassed. Rey kissed his cheek and wrapped her arms around him, resting her head on his chest. Finn smiled and wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

This wasn't a regular hug, no. You don't hug your best friend like this. You don't hug a sibling like this. This is how you would hug your true love. They stayed there, swaying back and forth. Neither said anything. Even when they saw BB-8 whiz by and stop at the open door, they didn't move.

BB-8 and Poe had been nagging Rey about her feelings for Finn, and that the feelings were mutual. She blushed every time, and that just made them push harder. She would sometimes get mad at them, but hey. She couldn't stay mad at her best friends.

"Poe! Poe! POE! They're hugging! Hurry! POE!" BB-8 beeped and whirred. Rey just blushed and smiled. She was too happy to chase after the droid.

Almost immediately, Poe turned the corner. He peered in the room, and smiled at his best friends. "Called it!" He yelled defiantly, and pat his newly awake best friend on the back, and started flirting with one of the nurses in the back.

Rey rolled her eyes and smiled. Finn smiled, too, and stroked her hair. It was down, for once.

"I love you," He whispered to Rey; and kissed her forehead. He could feel her smile and squeeze him harder."

She giggled. "I know."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

AAAGH THE FEELS. Either way, let me know what you think and if I should continue writing one-shots!

xx, Ava :)